How do you clean your RC?

kavax

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
I like to detail my 1:1 vehicles so I have an abundance of detailing products. I've found that a rinseless wash product to be more than adequate cleaner. Of course it needs the help of a brush and or rags. For a stronger cleaner I use an APC (all purpose cleaner).

I know Simple Green is always mentioned to use with caution around aluminum among detailers. Have you guys noticed any issues with it on the aluminum bits? I'm sure it's only dangerous with some of their products and at full strength which is likely a waste to use that way anyway. Not that making some M2C bits a little dull is going to matter in this crowd. I doubt most of you are buying them for a shelf queen anyway.

The products no doubt are overkill for RCs but I've always got them on hand:

Brush: Detail factory boars hair, not their other one that is too soft and more intended for real auto paint.

Rinseless Wash: Wolfgang Uber, Optimum No Rinse. There are many use a "detail spray" dilution.

APC: Optimum Power Clean diluted 3:1

Bill1976

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Just been watching a few youtube vids of people using muc off on there rc cars, which made me think is there any reason I can’t use snow foam to clean them? got plenty of the stuff!

bilt hamber auto foam to be precise

Woodley99

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
I like to detail my 1:1 vehicles so I have an abundance of detailing products. I've found that a rinseless wash product to be more than adequate cleaner. Of course it needs the help of a brush and or rags. For a stronger cleaner I use an APC (all purpose cleaner).

I know Simple Green is always mentioned to use with caution around aluminum among detailers. Have you guys noticed any issues with it on the aluminum bits? I'm sure it's only dangerous with some of their products and at full strength which is likely a waste to use that way anyway. Not that making some M2C bits a little dull is going to matter in this crowd. I doubt most of you are buying them for a shelf queen anyway.

The products no doubt are overkill for RCs but I've always got them on hand:

Brush: Detail factory boars hair, not their other one that is too soft and more intended for real auto paint.

Rinseless Wash: Wolfgang Uber, Optimum No Rinse. There are many use a "detail spray" dilution.

APC: Optimum Power Clean diluted 3:1
I know this is an old tread but it's good info, I'm similar to you, I use alot of car detailing products. I also have dirtbikes and found the absolute best thing to clean the RC is Maxima Bio wash https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0068C3CPY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_NEB8DE41Y8WTNF3KF794
Works strong enough to cut grease on a dirtbike yet biodegradable similar to simple green. I feel it cleans better on plastics than simple green does. Best part is it leaves like a coat on the plastic and helps water bead off. Have to rinse it afterwards tho.

M240i_bandit

Reaction score
Okay so after a very enlightening 13 page read Wd40 is a massive no no!

Does anyone have any tips for UK guys? I can't seem to get hold of any simple green here. I bought some MucOff to try

What's the concensus on Gt85? As opposed to Wd40

I'm basically just looking for a one hit solution where I can hose off the car with water then spray it down with something to protect it (without leaving rust or destroying the bearings) - maybe Wd40 Silicone spray??

Warby

"Hurry up and wait"
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Kraton 6s
Okay so after a very enlightening 13 page read Wd40 is a massive no no!

Does anyone have any tips for UK guys? I can't seem to get hold of any simple green here. I bought some MucOff to try

What's the concensus on Gt85? As opposed to Wd40

I'm basically just looking for a one hit solution where I can hose off the car with water then spray it down with something to protect it (without leaving rust or destroying the bearings) - maybe Wd40 Silicone spray??
Yes, I use silicone spray these days. Wd40 disperses to fast and also degreases parts resulting in rust.