How do you "gorilla tape a tire" to reduce balloning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
My brand new ProLine Supa Swampas look GREAT but they turn into PIZZA PIES when I hit it. I have already ripped both front tires day one after 10 minutes. Re-glued them and set them aside all day Saturday to properly dry and everything is ok for now. Need a fix for this ballooning ....

well...on 5th scale ..you are gorilla taping the foams to the rim to keep them from expanding out against the tire...gorilla tape...or even fiberglass reinforced packaging tape ( has the fiberglass strips)...high quality tape with good glue...so no cheap tapes...

slide the foams on the rims...get someone to hold the wheel and foam...slowly wrap the tale over the outside of the foam. ..kind of like you were making a belted tire...then put tires on and glue...or put on bead lockers...

Watch this video How to Tape Your RC Car Tires

This may be more applicable to the current tires...

awesome - but....that means I need to cut them right afro?

On my other tires I have been able to work the seam where it meets the rim with my fingers and break the glue...takes time to remove them..but it can be done. ..

Super swampers are perfect candidates for braided fishing line. Three separate times around each of those side grooves, tying a knot after each wrap in the same spot, then a dab of CA glue. So essentially 6 wraps on each tire. Should do the trick. I've been too lazy to try on the swampers. I did it on the new MX28's or what we and seemed to work very well.

I learned of this from another forum where some guys believe very strongly in it.

KastKing SuperPower Mega 8 Braided Fishing Line (Black Ops, 50 LB (22.7KG)(8 Strands)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017CINGGC/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_869NxbBJZV9TK

Super swampers are perfect candidates for braided fishing line. Three separate times around each of those side grooves, tying a knot after each wrap in the same spot, then a dab of CA glue. So essentially 6 wraps on each tire. Should do the trick. I've been too lazy to try on the swampers. I did it on the new MX28's or what we and seemed to work very well.

I learned of this from another forum where some guys believe very strongly in it.

KastKing SuperPower Mega 8 Braided Fishing Line (Black Ops, 50 LB (22.7KG)(8 Strands)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017CINGGC/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_869NxbBJZV9TK
WOW - actually tying fishing rod to keep tire together - mind is blown but I don't want to cut these - just glued them back together and going ez on the throttle but that will last but so long. Just not exactly sure but Im thinking the line has to be tight or its flying off.Very very helpful though - I DO have some fishing line - Can actually see this working.

Watch "How to Tape Your RC Car Tires" on YouTube https://youtu.be/z6BtfCwRQU4

this may be more applicable to the current tires...

on my other tires I have been able to work the seam where it meets the rim with my fingers and break the glue...takes time to remove them..but it can be done. ..
Thanks so much Afro - always hope!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back