Mojave How do you guys clean your rc’s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use this to put some cleaner on it (cost £0.69)
1579439369118.png

then I fill up the bottle with water and wash it down, next I use an air blower to dry it off https://www.amazon.co.uk/Merry-ELECTRIC-BLOWER-DRIER-100761/dp/B00BKXW6S0/ and finally touch all area of relevancy with WD40 - after its been a while I lubricate the relevant parts, pivot balls, bearings etc everything that could attract rust or needs to move freely

Simple green with a soft,small toilet brush and toothbrush for tight areas. Then I rinse it off with the steam cleaner. Its dry in 5 minutes. Then dust it with a dry silicone spray.

Pretty much the same as above (no steam cleaner:cry:). I use simple green, let it set for a few minutes and spray it offwith water and a soapy brush. Spray it again with wd40, blow it off with some air and then hit a few areas with some silicone spray. I’m not too fussy so all this takes just a few minutes.

Then If you search around on here there’s a multi page subject with some good ideas. My biggest problem this time of year is the outside hose is away to keep it from freezing. Slop sink is not big enough.

I use this to put some cleaner on it (cost £0.69)
View attachment 61514
then I fill up the bottle with water and wash it down, next I use an air blower to dry it off https://www.amazon.co.uk/Merry-ELECTRIC-BLOWER-DRIER-100761/dp/B00BKXW6S0/ and finally touch all area of relevancy with WD40 - after its been a while I lubricate the relevant parts, pivot balls, bearings etc everything that could attract rust or needs to move freely
Yep exactly what I do. Now I can feel more confident that what I’m doing is right!

Pretty much the same as above (no steam cleaner:cry:). I use simple green, let it set for a few minutes and spray it offwith water and a soapy brush. Spray it again with wd40, blow it off with some air and then hit a few areas with some silicone spray. I’m not too fussy so all this takes just a few minutes.

Then If you search around on here there’s a multi page subject with some good ideas. My biggest problem this time of year is the outside hose is away to keep it from freezing. Slop sink is not big enough.
That's where a steam cleaner comes in. Just don't get a cheap one they spit more water then anything.

1. Spray with Simple Green (avoiding electronics, even though they are "waterproof").
2. Hose down (again avoiding electronics)
3. Dry with leaf blower
4. Connect battery and make sure it still works.
5. Spray metal parts with WD40 (Not always, if its a hot dry day I'll leave it out in sun).

Edit: First I blow off dry dust and sand before wetting.

That's how I do it and it works for me. ?

Last edited:
Don’t you guys lube pillow balls and bearings after wd40’ing it?

Not every time. Maybe every 10-15 runs... pillow balls are designed to run dry.... use a graphite powder if anything at all.

I never run wet, the wheels just spin anyway. Florida "dirt" is just sand, so it dries if a little moist and I can just blow off everything with an air compressor. Wash the body once in a while.

Once in a great while break the whole thing down for a good part by part cleaning to get the greasy stuff out of the crannies and check bearings. Or wipe/wash parts when disassembled for repairs.

I just want to know how you guys do it so I can learn some things. I know how I clean my arrma’s but I just want to learn some more/better techniques.
I just buy a new truck every time mine gets dirty. Just kidding. It depends on how bad it is. If I'm ripping in a construction site, I'll put the truck on a wooden block, set the radio to have the wheels spinning at 1/4 speed, then lightly rinse with a garden hose being careful to stay away from the electronics. If it's after a bash in snow, I just lightly rinse it in a laundry sink, still being careful to avoid electronics. After washing, I try to blow it off with my compressor, than hang it upside down for a day or so to let it drip dry. A quick shot with silicone spray in some of the areas like around bearings, steering components and axles to make sure nothing rusts. Or I can just buy a new one.

With the tears of the fanboys that watch me bash after theirs is broken....

Seriously, a small blast of air to remove the big stuff,
wipe off the rest with a nylon brush,
rinse with hot water from the sprayer in the laundry tub,
then hit it with a light spray of WD-40.
Then put them back on their shelves.

ProTip: Use Lucas Tool Box Buddy instead of WD-40.
- It was recommended to me last year from a trusted Jeep fanatic ( I own a lifted jeep too). On my jeep, after every wash, i use a whole can of it to do the under body, engine (non-electrical), suspension, etc. Its awesome!!!

Tool Box buddy is the very best. helps eliminate corrosion, prevents dirt, crud buildup and best of all is non-oily like wd-40. I liked it so much I purchase a case of it at a time from amazon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back