How do you hold your TX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny b

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 3s
Seems obvious to most. I've had rc's nearly my whole life and could never operate the trigger with my left hand finger. Tried forever, can't do it. Nearly every pistol grip radio I ever seen has the wheel on the right as your holding the TX, with the exception of 1 back in the day that you could switch the wheel to either side. Never did buy it. I also cannot turn very well with my right hand. I am right handed btw. So I just learned to drive holding the TX like this. It looks really cumbersome but it's all I know and has become natural over the years. Anyone else have this problem?

IMG_20230125_222843573_HDR.jpg

Nope. Never had an issue. They do sell some where you can flip it over for those weird left handers. 😂 I think you like using the left hand cuz it feels like some else else is doing it!!! 🤪😂

Seriously guys, I love to Joke but I'm totally serious. Having had a track, I can still drive pretty well considering my age and all. I have absolutely no throttle finger control with my left hand...can't do it!
Nope. Never had an issue. They do sell some where you can flip it over for those weird left handers. 😂 I think you like using the left hand cuz it feels like some else else is doing it!!! 🤪😂
I'm not left handed. I'm right hand dominant.

Seriously guys, I love to Joke but I'm totally serious. Having had a track, I can still drive pretty well considering my age and all. I have absolutely no throttle finger control with my left hand...can't do it!

I'm not left handed. I'm right hand dominant.

So how do you Hold & shoot a gun?

As long as the trigger finger is my right one, I'm good.

Looks very nice ..thanks...somewhat out of my price range. I'm actually ok with current tx. Ran with a lot of other guys over the years and never seen this issue. .... maybe I'm not right. 🤔 😆
@Johnny b doesn't that make your wrist hurt after a while?
Not at all.
My son has the same issue as you. He feels comfortable holding the radio the same way. He's been into RC's since he was 6 and he's 13 now.
That's good to hear. How's his driving?
Or get the Arrma Kiddy Paws remote... You can backflip the steering wheel >>

From this..
View attachment 273109

To this >>
View attachment 273110
Very cool Yes. Back when I was looking for one, they never had these reversible ones. Just learned to live with it. But Thanks!

Last edited:
Wow. That's messed up! But, if you can make it work..... Go for it!

I'm goofed up in many ways too. Supposed to be left handed. In the 60's that was no no. After being beaten...err... I mean persuaded to use my right hand, I write and eat with my right hand. Everything else is left handed. Throwing a ball, swinging a bat....It was a struggle growing up. I'm ok where I'm at now.

I have no issues using my left hand running the thottle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back