How do you hold your TX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. That's messed up! But, if you can make it work..... Go for it!

I'm goofed up in many ways too. Supposed to be left handed. In the 60's that was no no. After being beaten...err... I mean persuaded to use my right hand, I write and eat with my right hand. Everything else is left handed. Throwing a ball, swinging a bat....It was a struggle growing up. I'm ok where I'm at now.

I have no issues using my left hand running the thottle.
Glad it all worked out and neither of us is goofed up. ;) (y)

I'm a lefty and used to hold it just like you but tilted a bit. Finally said to hell with that and invested in a Futaba 7PXR so I could flip the wheel to the other side. It's been one of the best "investments" I've made in the hobby. Love the thing! Makes driving so much easier and normal. I know its pricey but well worth it especially if you start piling up cars (you can have 20+ on one remote). All the extra settings and features make it even more fun to play with.

IMG_1964.jpg

I'm a lefty and used to hold it just like you but tilted a bit. Finally said to hell with that and invested in a Futaba 7PXR so I could flip the wheel to the other side. It's been one of the best "investments" I've made in the hobby. Love the thing! Makes driving so much easier and normal. I know its pricey but well worth it especially if you start piling up cars (you can have 20+ on one remote). All the extra settings and features make it even more fun to play with.

View attachment 273113
Looks really nice. Ill check into that, but may be a little over kill for my needs. I'm only allowed 1 RC. anyway.....long story but thanks!

Hey man I’m right handed and I use it nearly like you do.

Only different is when im holding the handle with my right hand I tilt the whole transmitter to the left. My friends call it “gangsta” style.

Then I use my left hand for the steering. When I first started I liked that the steering control was kinda similarly laid out like the steering wheel in real life car.

I lay it on the ground and slap it around with my 🍆 until it's pointed roughly at the nearest woman.

Nah man, Jason Flores drives the way you do as well. Except he holds the transmitter almost horizontal with the wheel pointed upwards. I just drive it like a normal right handed driver...except that I let my arms just hang in front of me.

The FlySky Noble NB4 is a toolless solution for lefties that can easily be shared between left-handed and right-handed users. The NB4 is a highly configurable radio system that works with both the AFHDS protocol and the FHSS protocol (with the FHSS module installed).

The FlySky Noble NB4 is a toolless solution for lefties that can easily be shared between left-handed and right-handed users. The NB4 is a highly configurable radio system that works with both the AFHDS protocol and the FHSS protocol (with the FHSS module installed).
Thank you for that but it's way to early for me to try comprehend that last sentence.

Thank you for that but it's way to early for me to try comprehend that last sentence.
Each manufacturer of a radio system uses a method of communicating between the transmitter and the receiver. This is what is known as a protocol. Think of protocols in terms of software: Mac uses their software system, and Windows uses theirs, and they normally don't talk to each other. A radio system with multiple protocols can be used with vehicles with different protocols.

So how do you Hold & shoot a gun?
I was wondering the same. I’m not wired correctly either, as I shoot a handgun right handed but shoot a long gun lefty. I’ve taken a lot of grief for that over the years. The downside for me shooting a long gun lefty is that I’m not sighting with my dominant eye and that’s why every long gun I own (minus my 12ga.) has either a scope or RDS on it.
While playing baseball/softball I can swing a bat either way comfortably.
I’m a righty for everything else. Weird, right?

I was wondering the same. I’m not wired correctly either, as I shoot a handgun right handed but shoot a long gun lefty. I’ve taken a lot of grief for that over the years. The downside for me shooting a long gun lefty is that I’m not sighting with my dominant eye and that’s why every long gun I own (minus my 12ga.) has either a scope or RDS on it.
While playing baseball/softball I can swing a bat either way comfortably.
I’m a righty for everything else. Weird, right?
Were all a little different Dan. I'm pretty sure most of your issues are from eating that toxic bowl of ramen you posted up. Looks like a fear factor challenge. I had to skip breakfast that day..never forget it.

@Johnny b You are definitely weird, but that has nothing to do with how you hold the radio. :ROFLMAO:

When I was a kid I was ambidextrous, eventually i started using my right hand more dominantly because most things are set up for righties. I can still shoot and bowl with either hand, and when I played baseball I could bat either direction.

@Johnny b You are definitely weird, but that has nothing to do with how you hold the radio. :ROFLMAO:

When I was a kid I was ambidextrous, eventually i started using my right hand more dominantly because most things are set up for righties. I can still shoot and bowl with either hand, and when I played baseball I could bat either direction.
I can see you being ambidextrous as a benefit for a lot of activities. If I even attempted to bowl left handed, I'd definitely need bumper guards. Lol. Curious as to what side of the road you mainly drive on?

Wow. That's messed up! But, if you can make it work..... Go for it!

I'm goofed up in many ways too. Supposed to be left handed. In the 60's that was no no. After being beaten...err... I mean persuaded to use my right hand, I write and eat with my right hand. Everything else is left handed. Throwing a ball, swinging a bat....It was a struggle growing up. I'm ok where I'm at now.

I have no issues using my left hand running the thottle.
My teacher tried to persuade me to write with my right hand, but I was already using my left at home. I had to learn to write my name, address, and phone number before I started school in case I got lost. The right handed stuff never took.

Were all a little different Dan. I'm pretty sure most of your issues are from eating that toxic bowl of ramen you posted up. Looks like a fear factor challenge. I had to skip breakfast that day..never forget it.
Dude, that ramen will change your life. Positively! The poached egg and the chili crisp are a must, but you can go pretty much anywhere from there on a whim. Knorri and a dash of dashi? Fried Spam? Whatever the hell it was that the cat puked up on the sidewalk this morning? It’s all good, brother.

Seems obvious to most. I've had rc's nearly my whole life and could never operate the trigger with my left hand finger. Tried forever, can't do it. Nearly every pistol grip radio I ever seen has the wheel on the right as your holding the TX, with the exception of 1 back in the day that you could switch the wheel to either side. Never did buy it. I also cannot turn very well with my right hand. I am right handed btw. So I just learned to drive holding the TX like this. It looks really cumbersome but it's all I know and has become natural over the years. Anyone else have this problem?

View attachment 273101
You are not alone. I do find it strange however.
I had a close friend years back that raced at the track like this. Made him look like a newb to many others, holding a radio for the first time. And he was right handed also. Yet he could drive very, very, well like that.(y)
If it works for you is what matters. (y) :cool:
My teacher tried to persuade me to write with my right hand, but I was already using my left at home. I had to learn to write my name, address, and phone number before I started school in case I got lost. The right handed stuff never took.
Back in the last century, left handed kids were Forced to be right handed. It was wrong as we now know today.:rolleyes:

Dude, that ramen will change your life. Positively! The poached egg and the chili crisp are a must, but you can go pretty much anywhere from there on a whim. Knorri and a dash of dashi? Fried Spam? Whatever the hell it was that the cat puked up on the sidewalk this morning? It’s all good, brother.
I seriously love ramen. Always had at least 2 trays ( 24 cups) in my pantry. Never mixed it with anything though. My GF threw it all out the day she moved in. Said I was going to start eating healthy. She really is a great cook and I've got up to a decent weight now, was much to thin. I do miss it, but I'm pretty sure she will pitch it. Says there is way to much sodium. She's a 33 year plus rn so who am I to argue. 🤷‍♂️

I seriously love ramen. Always had at least 2 trays ( 24 cups) in my pantry. Never mixed it with anything though. My GF threw it all out the day she moved in. Said I was going to start eating healthy. She really is a great cook and I've got up to a decent weight now, was much to thin. I do miss it, but I'm pretty sure she will pitch it. Says there is way to much sodium. She's a 33 year plus rn so who am I to argue. 🤷‍♂️
The added sodium is ok (within reason) as long as you add all ingredients and toss in a health dose of MSG. Eatin’ good in the ’hood, man.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back