How do you hold your TX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the last century, left handed kids were Forced to be right handed. It was wrong as we now know today.:rolleyes:
Spare the rod, spoil the child.

I seriously love ramen. Always had at least 2 trays ( 24 cups) in my pantry. Never mixed it with anything though. My GF threw it all out the day she moved in. Said I was going to start eating healthy. She really is a great cook and I've got up to a decent weight now, was much to thin. I do miss it, but I'm pretty sure she will pitch it. Says there is way to much sodium. She's a 33 year plus rn so who am I to argue. 🤷‍♂️

Guess we should start a high sodium foodie thread...

Spare the rod, spoil the child.
Yeah my dad was lefty. And they forced him to be righty. 1940's. He ended up being ambidexterous. Could draw and write with both hands. And easily batted lefty or righty? But he said it was a thing to learn being right handed back then.:rolleyes: I guess it was considered abnormal to be lefty, because most are righty. But he was a always predominant Lefty.

Last edited:
Yeah my dad was lefty. And they forced him to be righty. 1940's. He ended up being ambidexterous. Could draw and write with both hands. And easily batted lefty or righty? But he said it was a thing to learn being right handed back then.:rolleyes: I guess it was considered abnormal to lefty, because most are righty. But he was a always predominant Lefty.
I remember those days well. Lefties were considered " less than".... pretty sad. My mom went through the same thing growing up, never could convert her though.
Hey man I’m right handed and I use it nearly like you do.

Only different is when im holding the handle with my right hand I tilt the whole transmitter to the left. My friends call it “gangsta” style.

Then I use my left hand for the steering. When I first started I liked that the steering control was kinda similarly laid out like the steering wheel in real life car.
I'm going to try this. Won't have to extend that left arm and wrist as much. Makes sense, don't know why I also held the tx upright anyway. Just trying to be normal I guess! 🤔

Last edited:
I hold my Radio normally. I could Never try it any other way.
Been doing it for over 35+ years now. I haven't put down a radio for more than 6 mos at a time. I am too used to it now.
Need to be comfortable how you end up holding the radio. If your wrist or fingers hurt after a pack or 2, then maybe that is NG for sure. But we all drive differently. No 2 people are alike.

Seems obvious to most. I've had rc's nearly my whole life and could never operate the trigger with my left hand finger. Tried forever, can't do it. Nearly every pistol grip radio I ever seen has the wheel on the right as your holding the TX, with the exception of 1 back in the day that you could switch the wheel to either side. Never did buy it. I also cannot turn very well with my right hand. I am right handed btw. So I just learned to drive holding the TX like this. It looks really cumbersome but it's all I know and has become natural over the years. Anyone else have this problem?

View attachment 273101
I've seen alot people, crawlers and racers, hold their transmitter almost like that. Except the way they hold their transmitters, the wheel faces almost straight up. I dunno if it's for comfort or a bit of realism but I have overdone the "that's how you remember which way to turn left...." joke with some of them lol

Seems obvious to most. I've had rc's nearly my whole life and could never operate the trigger with my left hand finger. Tried forever, can't do it. Nearly every pistol grip radio I ever seen has the wheel on the right as your holding the TX, with the exception of 1 back in the day that you could switch the wheel to either side. Never did buy it. I also cannot turn very well with my right hand. I am right handed btw. So I just learned to drive holding the TX like this. It looks really cumbersome but it's all I know and has become natural over the years. Anyone else have this problem?

View attachment 273101
I saw a speed runner on YT doing it your way the other day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back