How do you keep these bodies from wearing out around the posts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoNoHarm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Arrma senton 6s blx... my v2 body never did this, but this v3 body looks like this...
image.jpg
And here’s the front:
image.jpg
See how they’re becoming circles???? How do I combat this.

you could try some foam rings with adhesive backing over the post mounts like these on my nephews slash:
43ECDEB6-A88A-457C-982E-2BE870F500AD.jpeg

Attachments

• 4C1C700F-BF8E-4972-9BBE-69188F3446AD.jpeg
    4C1C700F-BF8E-4972-9BBE-69188F3446AD.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 89
i tried shoe goo on my slash as well and they kept falling off.. The foam thing is the way to go... @joostin420 Did he make those or buy them like that?

my slash didnt...the body had like a 1/4 play in it too....I hated it....

sweet! thanks...I gave my slash to brother over holidays but my senton body is a little loose too...that is a good investment...

If you use the brake line tool that was shown in the tire venting thread, a 4" or 5" long, 3/16ths O/D piece, you could easily make these yourself with old tire foams or some packaging from other rc parts.

So thought of a good diy tip. The rc car work stands have the foam strips with the circles that you have to pop out... don’t throw them away; I kept them and made holes in the center for the body post ;)

61-z06AtcCL._SX425_.jpg

AF6C7EB3-AFBB-4339-B2F7-E68D6F3CEEA3.jpeg
AE058980-BDB0-46B4-AD3F-F1A200F63956.jpeg
D2637918-D0D7-47FB-8100-0073FFBC5E31.jpeg

I use the foam washers (from Hobbyking) to silence the rattling, but they don't do much for fore/aft movement which stretches the holes.

I just put two layers of duct tape around the holes... But shoe gooing plastic washers or another layer or two of lexan would be better.

Have you guys ever looked into bonded washers? They are a zinc washer with neoprene on one side.

Arrma senton 6s blx... my v2 body never did this, but this v3 body looks like this...
View attachment 26275
And here’s the front:
View attachment 26276
See how they’re becoming circles???? How do I combat this.

I've been using the drywall tape and shoegoo method and that helps, but at the posts I was still getting to much wear. And if I'm being honest I was get so sick if the body pins. Big shout out RC Bashing the Kraton

I cut off the top of the body posts and install these proline racing body mounts. SO MUCH BETTER!! I did this mod on all if the vehicle's. I definitely recommend it. Bash on ??

Pro-Line Racing 607002 Body Mount Thumbwasher Kit for Proline Body Mount Kits https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009PBUCK8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_f7mvnoyduOJXZ

I've been using the drywall tape and shoegoo method and that helps, but at the posts I was still getting to much wear. And if I'm being honest I was get so sick if the body pins. Big shout out RC Bashing the Kraton

I cut off the top of the body posts and install these proline racing body mounts. SO MUCH BETTER!! I did this mod on all if the vehicle's. I definitely recommend it. Bash on ??

Pro-Line Racing 607002 Body Mount Thumbwasher Kit for Proline Body Mount Kits https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009PBUCK8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_f7mvnoyduOJXZ
I like that. I'm getting sick of clips.

I have the Proline mounts on my Slash, and true, the idea is a good one. My problem is that the screws eventually start ripping out of the posts. If I tried this on my Notorious, knowing how much harder I send it, I can't imagine these mounts lasting very long. Another thing to consider is that the elongated holes on the 6s Arrma vehicle bodies, are an incorporated allowance for flex in the chassis. And if you've ever bent a shock tower, you'll know how that little tolerance has probably given the body a slightly longer life span. Clips are a pain in the a$$, but I'm sticking with them for now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back