Senton How do you rate your senton personally?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeesterC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
Just wanted to get some ideas as to how folks like or dislike the senton. Don't be afraid to let it out, good or bad. We are the real world bashers so we know what we like and don't like.....

Come on people, don't be shy!! Reply with some opinions & views!

Me personally, I love it. I bash the dog sh#t out of it and it always comes back for more. I run two 2s and sometimes two 3s to mix up the excitement. When I run the 2s I'm playing hard in the dirt, grass and mud, sometimes I run the 3s in the same environment just for the fun of it. Guess I'm addicted to the dust clouds, rooster tails and rock slinging, eh, what can I say? This is definitely by far the most durable sc truck I have ever owned. I hit a steel table at a local park running my two 3s wide open throttle, moved the table about 4 inches and only spit my lower control arm. Was able to take it apart and put the a-arm back in place and finish the day, did replace the a-arm with a new one later though. Now try that with a traxxas, Losi, axail or any other!! I love my senton more than my next girlfriend.........lol.

Last edited:
I've had a Senton since Feb. Feb was mid summer where I live so good weather for RC action. I've been keeping a detailed log of my runs - My Senton has had 26 4s lipo packs through it, and my runtime is about 12-20 minutes, depending how heavy I am on the gas.

For my first 10 packs I ran the 14t pinion, from 11 on I've been running the 16. This is about perfect for my bashing style and bashing spot.

I flog my Senton pretty hard, but I'm careful not to hit anything too hard. That doesn't mean I don't - I just try not to. With that said, I've got a t-bone bumper on its way as I've destroyed the stock one. I also destroyed my rims in less than 5 runs, my rear bumper, and a handful of the larger bearings.

Where my Senton has come into its own is with airtime. Before the Senton, I couldn't get air. Now I can - I've still got a long way to go, but I'm getting there. The Senton has received the most abuse at my hand in my efforts to master airtime - A lot of nose first landings, tail first landings, cartwheels, somersaults... bottoming out hard, gas on landings... I have not hit a lot of trees or a lot of kerbs, but I've wiped out many, many, many jumps.

The Senton has stood up to my punishment, but for me to really feel like I've gotten value, I want to get 60 packs through it. At that point it will (IMO) be worth the money I spent. I'm confident I'll get there, and know I'll be one hell of an RC jumper by then!

The car is fast, jumps like a genius, and is a true joy to run and work on. If it continues along like this to 60 packs, it will have passed the final and most important test of all - was it worth the outlay?

I hope the Senton passes that test!

Here is a vid of me on my learning curve to getting good air. A few decent ones in this mix - at least 1000 wipe outs before I took this video.

Last edited:
I've had a Senton since Feb. Feb was mid summer where I live so good weather for RC action. I've been keeping a detailed log of my runs - My Senton has had 26 4s lipo packs through it, and my runtime is about 12-20 minutes, depending how heavy I am on the gas.

For my first 10 packs I ran the 14t pinion, from 11 on I've been running the 16. This is about perfect for my bashing style and bashing spot.

I flog my Senton pretty hard, but I'm careful not to hit anything too hard. That doesn't mean I don't - I just try not to. With that said, I've got a t-bone bumper on its way as I've destroyed the stock one. I also destroyed my rims in less than 5 runs, my rear bumper, and a handful of the larger bearings.

Where my Senton has come into its own is with airtime. Before the Senton, I couldn't get air. Now I can - I've still got a long way to go, but I'm getting there. The Senton has received the most abuse at my hand in my efforts to master airtime - A lot of nose first landings, tail first landings, cartwheels, somersaults... bottoming out hard, gas on landings... I have not hit a lot of trees or a lot of kerbs, but I've wiped out many, many, many jumps.

The Senton has stood up to my punishment, but for me to really feel like I've gotten value, I want to get 60 packs through it. At that point it will (IMO) be worth the money I spent. I'm confident I'll get there, and know I'll be one hell of an RC jumper by then!

The car is fast, jumps like a genius, and is a true joy to run and work on. If it continues along like this to 60 packs, it will have passed the final and most important test of all - was it worth the outlay?

I hope the Senton passes that test!

Here is a vid of me on my learning curve to getting good air. A few decent ones in this mix - at least 1000 wipe outs before I took this video.

I share your pain on trying to teach my senton to fly.....lol. Still trying but getting better. I have broken everything that you have plus my rear hub bearings. Patiently waiting on my t-bone basher bumper also. This truck is an awesome piece of machinery. I'm sure you will reach the 60 pack goal with no problems and good luck! Also just a tip, if you run (2) 2s batteries in series, meaning use two separate 2s batteries, your run time will increase. This is how I run mine and I get anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour of run time depending on my trigger finger.....lol

Last edited:
The senton is a tank, i have beat it like a red headed step child and it comes back for more. With a few wiring issues out of the box fixed its been a great truck to flogg.
Awesome. Sorry to hear about the wiring issues but glad you got them fixed. If you haven't broken anything yet you're not bashing hard enough.....lol.

I love my senton more than my next girlfriend.........lol.

Yes that is great. :D

I previously had a Raider BLS. A good model, but I needed something bigger with 4WD. It should definitely be arrma again. I was looking for a model with which I could leave the slash 4x4 from my buddy behind me. I've been thinking about Kraton for a while - after a few videos I decided to go for the Senton.

I love him too... :shame:

Yes that is great. :D

I previously had a Raider BLS. A good model, but I needed something bigger with 4WD. It should definitely be arrma again. I was looking for a model with which I could leave the slash 4x4 from my buddy behind me. I've been thinking about Kraton for a while - after a few videos I decided to go for the Senton.

I love him too... :shame:
Was getting worried there for a bit, thought I was the only one.........Lol

I love my Senton, I don't think you can get a better SCT out of the box. Here's a brief bash session

That really sucks that the senton and kraton went down that fast. Cool video none the less. Thanks for sharing.

I am about to try a new combo and i will let you know my results I have a set of Losi purple springs. but so far tekno orange springs and 60w oil has helped a ton. and minimal preload.

I like the fact that my Senton is so powerful, but maintaining a 4WD vehicle sure is a lot of work! full bearing replacement is a real PITA, but worth it!

I like the fact that my Senton is so powerful, but maintaining a 4WD vehicle sure is a lot of work! full bearing replacement is a real PITA, but worth it!
Yeah, the bearing replacement can be a pain but if you upgrade them with others like fast eddy bearings you won't have to do it as often.....

I love mine too - it's the 4x4 blx version, running stock everything at the moment, 3s battery. My downsides to it are front wheel wobble at full pelt. It came with the Spektrum controller, and I just cannot get it to run straight. Also at full pelt, the front lifts up so steering becomes a problem. It doesn't have a rear spoiler like the 6s version, wonder if that would make a difference? What I like about it is the styling of the body - it's a bit "ugly" but I absolutely love it. It's my first hobby grade car, and it was a toss up between the Senton or the Granite. Didn't want the constant wheelies on the Granite, so went with the Senton and haven't been disappointed at all. Love it.
Haha, just realised this post was from 2017! Oops. Nevermind, I love it anyway ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back