Granite How do you route your cables and repairing connector damage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spook

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi, I'm still a complete Newbie and disappointed at how little I know... and trying not to damage my new Granite.

How do people route the battery cables? - Following a posting on this forum I removed the yellow tag from the cable to it didn't get tangled. I thought the best and safest method was to have the cable held in place by the velcro straps around the battery in use.

Unfortunately, after a know the battery came loose (velcro opened) - I didn't know as Granite was still fine but as you can see from the pictures the connector then ended up resting on the drive shaft and has burned the connector and cable.

I am pretty disappointed doing this on my new Granite and obviously want to ensure this can't happen again.

Is it possible to get a new genuine connector / cable to replace this? - I really want to get this back to its new condition but can't find this connector or cable on the parts list.

Many Thanks

Jonathan

Attachments

• 20200503_183747_resized.jpg
    20200503_183747_resized.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200503_183807_resized.jpg
    20200503_183807_resized.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 44
Hi, I'm still a complete Newbie and disappointed at how little I know... and trying not to damage my new Granite.

How do people route the battery cables? - Following a posting on this forum I removed the yellow tag from the cable to it didn't get tangled. I thought the best and safest method was to have the cable held in place by the velcro straps around the battery in use.

Unfortunately, after a know the battery came loose (velcro opened) - I didn't know as Granite was still fine but as you can see from the pictures the connector then ended up resting on the drive shaft and has burned the connector and cable.

I am pretty disappointed doing this on my new Granite and obviously want to ensure this can't happen again.

Is it possible to get a new genuine connector / cable to replace this? - I really want to get this back to its new condition but can't find this connector or cable on the parts list.

Many Thanks

Jonathan
The way I route mine is to pull the buckle end down as low as I can so the other end is as long as possible. This gives you the longest amount to wrap around the pack. I then route the front set of straps thru the buckle and make the loop as loose as possible by latching the velcro with the minimal amount of overlap. Then I do the same for the rear strap.

Now, slide your battery in from the rear with the connectors pointed towards the rear side. If you have a very fat pack, you might have to undo the rear strap, but most of mine fit thru with a little effort.

Now that you have the pack in place with the pack cables out towards the rear, start to tighten the front strap by pulling all of the slack velcro but don’t place it down yet. I now tuck the ESC power cable over the bottom section of velcro and secure it down with the top section of velcro. This sandwiches the cable between the two pieces of velcro. Now I try to get the cable as close to the closed buckle side as possible so I am left with the biggest section of velcro overlap. The more overlap beyond this cable the better. Cinch it down nice and tight.

Now on the rear strap, start with the same method, but instead try and put your balance lead under the first velcro strap. This means have the balance lead between the battery and the first velcro. Now plug the ESC cable to the battery power connector and adjust the slack so that these connectors end up between the front and rear strap. You may need to pull some slack forward ahead of the first strap. Keeping the balance lead under the rear strap, now try to get the pack wires deep into the velcro like we did on the front to allow as much velcro overlap as possible. Again cinch it down tightly.

Now you should have the ESC wire tightly bound by the front strap and the balance lead and pack power cable tightly bound by the rear strap. There should be at least an inch of velcro overlap. This should be very secure. If you feel like you want more velcro overlap due to a larger, hard case pack, you can always swap out for the longer 4S velcro straps.

Another pro tip is that the side mudguards prevent you from wrapping the straps when using the longer 4S straps, so I tend to remove the mudguard on the battery side which allows me to get many inches of overlap making the pack even more secure. You can also modify this side guard in a way to achieve this without its removal, but it isn’t a necessity for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back