How do you store your RC's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazy Bushman

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
Hey guys I really need to think about storing my RC's. I only have three, but currently 2 sit on my reloading bench taking most of the space and one on my wine fridge. This arrangement is really painful as I need to constantly shuffle them or find somewhere else while doing a reloading session. In another post I was advised that it is a good idea to store them with wheels off the ground, something I do not do atm.

This got me thinking about how different people store their RC's? It would be really good to see how others do it as well including any prep you do before putting them away apart from cleaning them and checking/repairing damage. Any insights as to what people do (pics are good) would be appreciated.....thx in advance

A few storage ideas:

31c09e5e0642ba424ed89abd39e512e7.jpg7100b2d0e6e9779498c7fb6f426ea82a.jpg49731933_10213499326621825_8990430508416499712_n.jpgCar_Rack.jpgcbddf97cd707f864b859538e9d7763b1.jpg

Wow I'm presuming they aren't all yours....but are they? I have thought about making something to hang them from the roof of my shed as another option. As a rule I also try to minimise any optics associated to reduce the explanation time to the missus.....she still doesn't understand after 25 years why one person needs over a dozen fishing rods and reels for example:)

As an avid reloader myself, and RC enthusiast, don’t let your worlds collide! Reloading pales in comparison cost wise to RC, at least in my case, so I try not to do anything that would draw more attention to either, less splaining to do!

I found the Kobalt PVC storage rail from Lowe's works great. The rail comes in 50" lengths for about $10. The hooks are about $3 each, are rubber coated, and can be adjusted side-to-side to accommodate different car widths. The cars are hung from the rear A-arms. In the photo below I used 1.3 rails and 8 hooks. 1 rail will accommodate 3 cars.
RC Wall mount.jpg
820909543305_08776564.jpg

I found the Kobalt PVC storage rail from Lowe's works great. The rail comes in 50" lengths for about $10. The hooks are about $3 each, are rubber coated, and can be adjusted side-to-side to accommodate different car widths. The cars are hung from the rear A-arms. In the photo below I used 1.3 rails and 8 hooks. 1 rail will accommodate 3 cars.
View attachment 27395View attachment 27396
That, my friend, is pretty sweet. Nice and clean. Do they make one that could be used vertically, or only horizontal?

That, my friend, is pretty sweet. Nice and clean. Do they make one that could be used vertically, or only horizontal?
Thanks! I haven't seen any vertical rail systems. You'd have to position additional horizontal rails one above the other. Since they're made of PVC, you can custom cut them to length quite easily with a hack saw.

I forgot to mention...I live in So Cal so earthquakes were a factor in my choosing this method. The rubber coated upturned hooks were perfect to help prevent the cars from sliding off in the event of a shaker.

I just grabbed some 1x4 (I think) pine boards and some cheap shelf brackets and made this. Works pretty well, but I wish I had made the shelves a little deeper so I could fit the radios behind the cars easier.View attachment 27387
good thought re transmitters.....at the moment they aren't a problem but definitely something I should factor in for the longer term I think

View attachment 27395View attachment 27396

Nice. I have a big window behind my bench. Maybe I need to sit in my shed for a bit and contemplate some reorganising

I use racks from lowes/menards and find whatever I can to put underneath so the tires and arms hang free to avoid flat spots on the tires, warping of arms and permanent compressing of springs.
2018-1027-WorkBench01.jpg

I usually go to walmart and buy those wall hooks for hoses and cords and hang my rigs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back