How do you use TP motors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
It seems like most 40 series TP Power motors have M3 bolt holes but I see them used a lot on 1/8 scale cars that only take M4 bolt holes.

How do you make it work? I feel like I'm missing something obvious here :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️

It seems like most 40 series TP Power motors have M3 bolt holes but I see them used a lot on 1/8 scale cars that only take M4 bolt holes.

How do you make it work? I feel like I'm missing something obvious here :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️
Diffrent motor mount plate in my case :cool:

Most of the longer cans come with m4 holes or you get an option when you order it. Like all the 4070's from tp website will come with m4 holes, sometimes they have the wrong info listed and it will say m3 but it's really m4. You can also leave a note when you order to make sure they add the one you want.

What do you mean?
The cap on the shaft side of the motor is removeable and replaceable. They have caps with m3 holes and caps with m4 holes. It's also how you change the front motor bearing.

3mm screws,,,,,,,,,,,I have motors with 3m an 4m holes..here's a tp3650 with 3mm holes

20220902_173313.jpg

Diffrent motor mount plate in my case :cool:
On a stock motor mount? Any chance you have the part number for the motor mount plate with M3 holes?
Check out the v2 limitless. They offer a 56mm plate to swap out. The standard plate doesn't fit a 56mm
Thanks. I see they make a 56mm motor mount plate as well as the standard 40mm plate. But neither one works with M3 screws as far as I can tell.
sometimes they have the wrong info listed and it will say m3 but it's really m4
That's good to know. I'd be looking at a 4060 and the versions I want all say M3 screws.
3mm screws,,,,,,,,,,,I have motors with 3m an 4m holes..here's a tp3650 with 3mm holes
Alright that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Doesn't that motor mount plate have 4mm holes? How did you make the 3mm motor work with it?

On a stock motor mount? Any chance you have the part number for the motor mount plate with M3 holes?

Thanks. I see they make a 56mm motor mount plate as well as the standard 40mm plate. But neither one works with M3 screws as far as I can tell.

That's good to know. I'd be looking at a 4060 and the versions I want all say M3 screws.

Alright that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Doesn't that motor mount plate have 4mm holes? How did you make the 3mm motor work with it?
Yes works fine in stock mount or pps.ive Ren leopard motors this way also since they are m3 only....

Worst come to worst they have a spot where you can leave a note on your order which will allow you to specify that you want m4. If for some reason they can't do it they will email you before processing the order and confirm with you.

iirc you can leave the note at the 3rd stage of the checkout process.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back