How does outside temp effect rc performance cold or hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just a light oil, WD40 is just as good so long as either are applied right before bashing. A light rinse with something soapy after makes cleanup easy. Beats brushing out dried mud and gritty gears or rust surprises later. Honestly, I just take care of and clean my rigs after, I'm not afraid of a little mud and water. Dirt, grass, and leaves isn't too big of a deal compared to parking lot salt.
Nice tip. Apply it an hour or a few hours before to let it dry? What's your time frame to apply before bashing?

Nice tip. Apply it an hour or a few hours before to let it dry? What's your time frame to apply before bashing?
It's an oil so it could take a while for it to dry.

I would use pure Silicone Spray IF anything. Much more appropriate IMHO.
But I don't get wet anyway. And a bit of mud won't kill you.

The WD and silicone sprays will provide protection for a short while, then they dry clean (plus any crud picked up). Pam leaves an oil film that needs to be washed off with soap or simple green, or even shot with WD to thin and wipe away. It will build up. Another good one is called Corrosion-X, which has lanolin as an antioxidant. You can spray electronics and circuit boards with it for immersion. It's amazing stuff

Lipo, below 50F you will see exponential loss in capacity. It's pretty much dead at 20F and using it will kill it. You can always keep them warm prior use, they heat up during use as well.
Storing them is no issue up to - 35F until the plastic mantel gets brittle. Just warm them up prior charging/using.

All good info. I have SC1 and MO94 and wanted to see if there were better options. Thx!

The product pictured below and a little duct tape will keep the batteries going. I've done this over the years with batteries for a variety of purposes.
91bL+Cy9TdL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back