Kraton How does the Kraton 8S do in the snow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Stay tuned to find out ???

20191202_112453.jpg

I would really want to run on snow even burry my truck under snow and say fk winter and laugh until i die but the fact that my esc started acting weird last time my electronics were burried woth snow and having a lot of rusted bearings. Pinion and spur rusted i don't think i will do it again. Its fun yes but the amount of atiff i have to do after is just paintful for me
Stay tuned to find out ???

View attachment 55981
Also someone made alluminum cnc brases already for the kraton 8s was released a few days ago

The fun factor in snow is incredible. But at a price. Bearings go junk real fast no matter what, especially plain shielded ones. Even Sealed bearings with Marine grease are shortlived.
I run one of my crawlers in snow, I have wheel wells to prevent snow from entering, and I conformal coated all electrics my self even though they are waterproof. Crawlers are slow however and don't get the wear that the faster rigs undergo. The bearings will still rust out, but slow rigs don't need perfect bearings anyway.
Everyone should go for the snow once in a while. It is so much fun. Stainless Steel ball bearings are a prerequisite if you can source them for your particular rig. Be weary of streets or areas where road salt is used, as it will destroy all the metal hardware, the electrical connections, and the Lipos. Been there done that.

Ed it looks like it’s still diffing out side to side. In the slo-mo shot after you said you didn’t want to hit a tree, you were doing a donut and the one side was ballooning. Wondering if going a lot higher front and rear would help that? Might help with snow traction overall. Great video as always. Too bad there wasn’t any breakage ??????

Wow, I cant believe you risking even more parts as you broke them already at higher temperatures, good on you - have to admit I envy you for the space you got around the house to easily run your cars but then I probably wouldnt want to live out in the sticks - anywho keep the videos coming I really hope I have more time until we see our first snow here in the UK

@bicketybam curious what kind of runtime u getting with those monster Lectron pro 7600mah?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back