Typhon How does these fit the typhon 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Im missing something? Typhon uses differant shafts and hexes how will these fit? I popped out a driveshaft after a crash for the first time in years poped back in did not pop out again tho. People say it will keep poping out so
EE090434-1ECF-42C5-BC77-4BE460D89F27.jpeg

How the 17mm hex will be secured into place just with the pin?

You would have to get a 17mm hex adapter. Or get the Granite/Senton hexes and use 14mm wheels.

A word of caution. I recently changed my Granite to Typhon axles/hexes because I was snapping so many axles. The Typhon axles are much thicker. The CVD axles snap just as fast and cost more. I also snapped a CVD driveshaft, the metal part of the shaft doesn't flex so it cracked the plastic part. I've gone back to stock driveshafts. I haven't popped or snapped any. I think GPM knuckle arms may help prevent driveshafts from popping out, but I can't be sure. (They might also contribute to my snapped axles.) The Hot Racing 17mm adapters fell off and probably also contributed to snapping axles.

So you may be trading popped driveshafts for snapped axles and problematic hex adapters. If this is your first popped driveshaft in years, I'd say that's a much better option.

Last edited:
You would have to get a 17mm hex adapter. Or get the Granite/Senton hexes and use 14mm wheels.

A word of caution. I recently changed my Granite to Typhon axles/hexes because I was snapping so many axles. The Typhon axles are much thicker. The CVD axles snap just as fast and cost more. I also snapped a CVD driveshaft, the metal part of the shaft doesn't flex so it cracked the plastic part. I've gone back to stock driveshafts. I haven't popped or snapped any. I think GPM knuckle arms may help prevent driveshafts from popping out, but I can't be sure. (They might also contribute to my snapped axles.) The Hot Racing 17mm adapters fell off and probably helped snap axles.

So you may be trading popped driveshafts for snapped axles and problematic hex adapters. If this is your first popped driveshaft in years, I'd say that's a much better option.
Okay will stick with the stock shafts

Can’t use them with the Typhon hexes. HR hexes will work. 14mm hexes will work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back