Typhon How does this gear even strip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dg1726

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I was just casually driving, literally not bashing, and i heard the most unpleasant grinding ever..this is thr gear coming out of the rear diff to the spur gear.

Do I buy a new plastic one or just go full metal?

Thanks!

6279A393-1A6E-4467-9903-58DFEA687CD2.jpeg

93C142C3-47B7-4B4C-844A-88DAE4B1908F.jpeg

2855854D-7545-49A0-8903-8324183EB78B.jpeg

Usually due to either a bad bearing or a melted yoke. You will need a new ring gear too as they both need to be new.

Usually due to either a bad bearing or a melted yoke. You will need a new ring gear too as they both need to be new.
The gears are perfect, new fast eddies in there..and the yoke seems fine ?
the 4s version wont get you any more wear. the surface you have worn is plastic as well
so that gear doesn't come in a metal version?

so that gear doesn't come in a metal version?

Not from arrma. As @jondilly said, HR makes one, don't know if hes used it, but my faith in all things HR is dwindling. Some items I've bought have been great, others.....not so much. I would definitely find someone who has used it before pulling the trigger. The arrma hd set (4s version) is pretty stout though, I run 6s through it, my weak spots end up being either the driveshafts or slipper, can't seem to balance them on 6s.

Not from arrma. As @jondilly said, HR makes one, don't know if hes used it, but my faith in all things HR is dwindling. Some items I've bought have been great, others.....not so much. I would definitely find someone who has used it before pulling the trigger. The arrma hd set (4s version) is pretty stout though, I run 6s through it, my weak spots end up being either the driveshafts or slipper, can't seem to balance them on 6s.
I have the HR metal ring and pinion in my Typhon 3S GT. Hasn’t seen the road often lately but is due for a rip soon. Haven’t had any issues with the diffs, but I only have one or two passes on them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back