How does your partner feel about this hobby?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rchrdjrz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hey guys, just wondering how your partners feel about you being in this hobby. My wife is totally fine with me being into Rc's and supports me. As long as I don't devote 100% of my free time to it. She doesn't want me to forget that I am married and she has needs. On the other hand, my brother is also into this hobby but his wife has no interest in it and just doesn't get it. She wouldn't even consider trying it once. He sometimes feels like he needs to just keep it to himself. My wife does sometimes gives me a raised eyebrow when she gets the mail and sees a bunch of packages. She doesn't even bother anymore to know what's in them. But at the end of the day she gets it and knows that I am just having fun and prefers me doing something like this on my free time then doing things I shouldn't be doing.

...When I read your sentences so I am a lucky guy. My girlfriend has also her RC´s and we "playing" together.
Just like we both like our two dogs.
On the other hand,.. she have no interest to my hobby amateur radio... ;)
Maybe to much technics!? :)
An colleague have the same situation like you´re brother. His wife has no interest in RC but more to paint nails, go shopping
and burn the money for nothing.

Thats life, not everybody have same interests and tolerance to the hobby of their partner.

My wife has tried it a few times and will watch me sometimes, but she doesn't really like it much. She's fine with me doing my thing with it though.

Mine supports me in this, we both explore our own hobbies and interests.
Plus, this is way cheaper than a Harley...
I try to be careful on the purchases, don't want to push the limits, hence you'll never see me posting pics of $500 or more RCs.
She once said she was interested so I got a pair of Dromidas off the S&D, we bashed them once and she had her fill.
They got sold... :)
Now that I have been hanging with a group, some guys wives come along, they aren't interested in RC, but they are kewl.
They want to meet my better half, so next time we have a night race, I'll try to bring wifely unit and some nice Cabernet for the ladies.
My wife's passion is dancing, which I enjoy and participate in also, so... It all works out...

My wife is ok with my have them but when the break that's when I get questions. Like you spent how much money on these and now you how much to fix them and I tell that's why the sell upgrades for some of them. But once the weak part is fixed then she understands and my wife will drive them with me so not to bad of a wife on my end

My Wife knew I was into the Hobby long before we started dating. (long juicy story) She better like it! LOL
Seriously though, she digs the stuff I do with these vehicles and my aircraft. She always says to me though, that I better sell them before I die because she won't know what to do with all my stuff! LMAO

She likes it but doesn't get the passion !!
Give any male a go of beast, like one of the Arrma line up and get them to tell you they don't like it. It's not gunna happen !!
Bash em, fix em and bash em again love this poop !
o_O:)
I've got so many spare Arrma parts every time I. Bust something I buy two glad my wife don't know.

My Wife knew I was into the Hobby long before we started dating. (long juicy story) She better like it! LOL
Seriously though, she digs the stuff I do with these vehicles and my aircraft. She always says to me though, that I better sell them before I die because she won't know what to do with all my stuff! LMAO
Lol funny, it's a good thing when they are cool with it. I'm glad my wife feels the same way.

She likes it but doesn't get the passion !!
Give any male a go of beast, like one of the Arrma line up and get them to tell you they don't like it. It's not gunna happen !!
Bash em, fix em and bash em again love this poop !
o_O:)
I've got so many spare Arrma parts every time I. Bust something I buy two glad my wife don't know.
That's so true. Any guy that tries running an arrma will be so after one run. That's what happen to my brother in law. He got hooked

Mine supports me in this, we both explore our own hobbies and interests.
Plus, this is way cheaper than a Harley...
I try to be careful on the purchases, don't want to push the limits, hence you'll never see me posting pics of $500 or more RCs.
She once said she was interested so I got a pair of Dromidas off the S&D, we bashed them once and she had her fill.
They got sold... :)
Now that I have been hanging with a group, some guys wives come along, they aren't interested in RC, but they are kewl.
They want to meet my better half, so next time we have a night race, I'll try to bring wifely unit and some nice Cabernet for the ladies.
My wife's passion is dancing, which I enjoy and participate in also, so... It all works out...
That's very nice of you to compromise and share a hobby with her as well. This hobby however can get pretty expensive. The cars, the batteries and then broken parts etc. So I understand what you mean.

My wife is ok with my have them but when the break that's when I get questions. Like you spent how much money on these and now you how much to fix them and I tell that's why the sell upgrades for some of them. But once the weak part is fixed then she understands and my wife will drive them with me so not to bad of a wife on my end
Lol my wife reacts the same way when I tell her I got a new rc. Then she sees packages in the mail and asked me sometimes, "how much was that? Looks expensive..."

...When I read your sentences so I am a lucky guy. My girlfriend has also her RC´s and we "playing" together.
Just like we both like our two dogs.
On the other hand,.. she have no interest to my hobby amateur radio... ;)
Maybe to much technics!? :)
An colleague have the same situation like you´re brother. His wife has no interest in RC but more to paint nails, go shopping
and burn the money for nothing.

Thats life, not everybody have same interests and tolerance to the hobby of their partner.
That's so cool, I also never heard of that hobby. I had to look it up, looks interesting. My wife gets her days to do what she wants and I do my thing. It all works out.

The wife has never really been bothered by the time I spend on the hobby. Then again I spend far more time on the computer running the different RC forums than I do actually getting to play with my RC's so she probably wishes I'd spend less time on the computer more than anything. :D

The wife has never really been bothered by the time I spend on the hobby. Then again I spend far more time on the computer running the different RC forums than I do actually getting to play with my RC's so she probably wishes I'd spend less time on the computer more than anything. :D
Wow a staff member replied back. This is a great forum, I'm on it all the time. At least your wife is understanding and ok will it.

My wife is like your brother's wife. Doesn't like it, thinks they're toys.
My wife thought the same thing at first and didn't understand but one day she gave in and tried it. She liked it after that and it's just been good ever since.

She tried it once, ran it into the house, broke the siding, then said "this is stupid, never again"

She tried it once, ran it into the house, broke the siding, then said "this is stupid, never again"
Hahalol can't blame her for not liking it then. It's all about the first time impression. Same thing happen with my wife and camping. I love camping, I took her for the first time and it happen to snow that night. We didn't have enough warm clothes and she said " I can't believe you made me do this, I'm not an outdoor girl, never again."

My partner is coming around. The kids and I are heavily invested in the hobby. Bran likes flying and really enjoyed taking the scalers out at the local rock park. Just the other day she wanted to take my sons buggy out for a rip. On the other hand she gets a little frustrated at the fact that I eat, sleep, and breath RC, but she understands that it helps me unwind after working a massive amount of hours over the weekend and Mondays. I put in 60-70 hrs in 4 days and my RCs keep me sane.

My partner is coming around. The kids and I are heavily invested in the hobby. Bran likes flying and really enjoyed taking the scalers out at the local rock park. Just the other day she wanted to take my sons buggy out for a rip. On the other hand she gets a little frustrated at the fact that I eat, sleep, and breath RC, but she understands that it helps me unwind after working a massive amount of hours over the weekend and Mondays. I put in 60-70 hrs in 4 days and my RCs keep me sane.
Must be pretty cool having kids in the hobby, it keeps them outside of the house and get some fresh air. I understand what you mean about working a lot of hours and just wanting to unwind and clear your head with some rc fun. Good luck on her getting on board and joining the rc family.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back