how easy is it for the chassis to bend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so just how easy is it to bend the chassis on a noto
The most damage comes from not landing level, which for most, is pretty often. Aluminum chassis braces and a tower to tower brace will help, but the harder and higher you start to send it, the more likely you become a candidate for an after market chassis.

My chassis has been holding up OK with m2c braces and a custom plastic tower to tower brace. It does not stay perfectly flat but may bow slightly, still perfectly usable for bashing and easy to bring back, just bend it back over the knee.

On the other hand when I had the long (Kraton) chassis with plastic braces, a botched landing even from 4-5 feet would sometimes result in a severely bent chassis and bent dogbone(s).

So I say get some alu braces (even GPM or other cheap ebay stuff should help) and you're good for most situations.

And it really depends how high you jump, 6-9ft wont bend it in me experience.
Well what fun is that? lol :p:p Jk Yea i would agree. Also, how vertical the jump is comes into play. IMO the same height in a longer distance jump vs a more vertical one is less damaging because you also have forward momentum in play.

Folded mine after 6 packs, and it had m2c braces. Buy m2c now and bash the stock till your m2c arrives.
The swb chassis is harder to bend, I bent 2 in 2 years.

ok so does this apply to a few bad landings on soft grass
Mine seemed to happen when landing flat from big jumps in the grass. I'm sure the weight was biased toward the front or rear a bit, but from the eye, it looked flat. I was fine until I started getting 10+ feet under it. Then I'd bend it every week. Have had the M2C on it for a year and it's still straight as a pin... just not as pretty as it once was.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back