How far do you push your tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northeastflyer

live free or die
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
Running the stock Kraton 6s tires with a set of backflip MTs on the shelf - wondering when it makes sense to swap them out

yes they get soft if that makes sense, kind of like inner tube with really low air pressure. Plus as the foam gets worse tire balance gets really bad because foam starts breaking apart inside tire

I've searched for source for replacement foam inserts with no luck for these size tires, been think about Hobby Lobby bulk foam and making my own just not sure it's worth it for time and labor apposed replacement cost of tire and wheel LOL

yes they get soft if that makes sense, kind of like inner tube with really low air pressure. Plus as the foam gets worse tire balance gets really bad because foam starts breaking apart inside tire
yeah.. im noticing this. gonna throw my backflips on today. the foam feels broken and the tires are listing a bit

thank you!!

Attachments

• 38519FC2-5A3C-4CEF-B270-AD69F1ED0931.jpeg
    38519FC2-5A3C-4CEF-B270-AD69F1ED0931.jpeg
    337.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 26793723-1ED1-42F7-A805-C117B2661031.jpeg
    26793723-1ED1-42F7-A805-C117B2661031.jpeg
    320.8 KB · Views: 48
If they're treaded, typically til the traction's gone. If they're Hoons, til they pop. :)

Depends on what the truck is used for, but usually until the tread is gone. I watched a friend shred a belted tire and it broke a shock mount and took a chunk out of the body, and he still needed new tires, so at that time I decided there's no point in letting them get too far gone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back