How far is youre local track?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nucear

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
My local track is about 16min away if I ride my bike there. I guess im pretty lucky to have a track so close to me.
How far away is youre local track?

Oh and by the way I live in germany.

I haven't been to it but I have a dirt track about 20 mins away from me and an indoor track at a LHS about 5-10 mins away.
Nice thats also not to bad concidering that some people need to drive over 1h to get to a track.

My "local" hobby shop has an indoor and outdoor track but it's a little over an hour away. :-(

My local track is about 15 minutes by car. BUT - apparently they are having some kind of insurance issue, the fall racing series was shut down, and no-one seems to know if the track will stay open... :(

The next closest track is about a 1.5 hour drive, and caters to the "hard core" type racer. I suspect I would not be too welcomed there with my kids and their "non-race" brushed RC's.

Guessing at least 300miles away for outdoor. Supposedly there is an indoor (carpet) track about 85 miles away. Anyone know of an outdoor track in Maine? My LHS had an outdoor track, but it was a wreck and they bulldozed it 2 years ago.

My nearest hobby shop, indoor track and outdoor track in progress are about 60 miles or an hour and 20 minutes away. The other issue for me is they pretty much only carry Associated, Tekno EB410/ET410 and Traxxas vehicles and parts. Doesn't help me out parts wise though when I run Arrma, and the larger Tekno vehicles. :( Maybe/hopefully once the outdoor track is finished they will start carrying more stuff for larger vehicles.

They do have a pretty sweet crawler course/area and I've been meaning to bring my Axial SCX10.2 there and try it out, but will probably wait until the winter time since it's indoors. They do carry parts for that, but who replaces a crawler part with a stock piece?

I have places to bash, just not race. LOL my wife said no to the backyard track unless we move out into the country and have at least a couple of acres. I have to listen because I like playing with the wife more than I like playing with my cars.
For what it's worth, I live on a few acres, have wife's approval, but still have not had time to make my planned track...

Great if you really do it how about documenting it and making a thread about it?
Thanks, that one is quite informative and has almost convinced me to actually go for it...just need the clay and the neighbor's bush-hog...

Good! I want to make this primarily to save my driveway from the 6S + Badlands.
I figure making the track will cost less than having an excavator come and regrade my driveway!

I have a old overgrown mtb track very close to my house i may free it from all the bushes and renovate it to be an rc track

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back