Kraton How fast can a kraton go on a single 3s lipo on stock gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcdude99

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there rcdude99 here just wandering how fast a kraton can go on single 3s lipo on stock gearing

About 26mph

IMG_9485.PNG

http://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/

Kraton is 12T stock pinion (speed pinion supplied is 15) so may be a little less.
I will say that my 10 year old kid has no issues at all with a Typhon (14T stock pinion but itty bitty teeny wheels) on 3s.

It's not an issue at all if you get a v4 Kraton. They have a speed limiter built into the controller where you can set it to 50%, 75% or 100%. Stick in a 6s lipo and throttle it to 3s speed, then bump it to 75% when ready before moving on again to normal 6s power when the time is right. It's one very useful feature of the new Spektrum transmitter.

Kraton is 12T stock pinion (speed pinion supplied is 15) so may be a little less.
I will say that my 10 year old kid has no issues at all with a Typhon (14T stock pinion but itty bitty teeny wheels) on 3s.

It's not an issue at all if you get a v4 Kraton. They have a speed limiter built into the controller where you can set it to 50%, 75% or 100%. Stick in a 6s lipo and throttle it to 3s speed, then bump it to 75% when ready before moving on again to normal 6s power when the time is right. It's one very useful feature of the new Spektrum transmitter.
Good catch.
Subtract 3mph for the 12t pinion vs 14t

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back