Infraction How fast can I go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I have an Infraction that I have installed a HW 4985 1650kv with Max6 running 8s power. I’m also running a 40 tooth spur with 25 tooth pinion. What kind of speed do you all think I should be able to get with this set up? Thanks for your time and help?

V1 or v2 infraction and are you running hoons or GRPs?

The math works out to 121mph without voltage sag so as long as you have plenty of road for a slow but smooth trigger pull and the Max6 doesn’t hit over-current-protection I’d say 106-112mph

I have an Infraction that I have installed a HW 4985 1650kv with Max6 running 8s power. I’m also running a 40 tooth spur with 25 tooth pinion. What kind of speed do you all think I should be able to get with this set up? Thanks for your time and help?
For what it’s worth, I plugged your setup into a gearing calculator app I purchased. Here’s what I got.
DF50C856-4368-47BA-9498-401E7C1D8DA2.png

Absolute top you can expect with great lipos and a perfect pass 127mph. In reality, as @Mr.Duke said, probably 10mph less than this perfect world scenario, my guess is 112-117mph

A3F536A0-04B8-4D13-9D0D-BDB0D66DFE54.png

Absolute top you can expect with great lipos and a perfect pass 127mph. In reality, as @Mr.Duke said, probably 10mph less than this perfect world scenario, my guess is 112-117mph

View attachment 140023
Thanks guys. I ran it yesterday and it said on my gps which has taken some serious abuse 85 but I don’t trust it it has never read anything above 85 and I’ve hit that 85 a lot and when I can tell the runs are way different. I think I am hitting some kind of cut out point too. Would a cap pack help with that? Thanks again!

Thanks guys. I ran it yesterday and it said on my gps which has taken some serious abuse 85 but I don’t trust it it has never read anything above 85 and I’ve hit that 85 a lot and when I can tell the runs are way different. I think I am hitting some kind of cut out point too. Would a cap pack help with that? Thanks again!
Slower throttle input is probably the thing you need to work on. Can't floor it like a drag car. You should only be wide open for the last second of your run.

Hi, I hope it is okay to use this thread.

I am hoping that someone can verify that my gear calc is correct (i don't have a GPS yet).

I use https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html (do you guys recommend something else? Maybe app?

Kraton 6s EXB 50T
MAX6, 1650kv Rocket
I use CHNL 90C batteries (Racing series) Backflip lp (4s version), 6.1 inches total.

Is there something else I should add? Ballooning eg.? What's your experience compared with irl?

Screenshot_20210430-103034.jpg

This is what I get:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back