Mojave How fast is ur rig (really)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Mojave will do around 82 or 83mph, but its running a TP 4260 and Max 6 on 8s. Also running it with no body. It has more speed than that but after 80mph it gets pretty uncontrollable so I don't know the real top speed lol.. I don't have any pics of it with the GPS, but I'll do a run or two with it and post up pics in a few days

Attachments

• IMG_4172.jpg
    IMG_4172.jpg
    543.4 KB · Views: 72
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 76
Mine always did that, don't have a GPS, but how about checkmate ??
View attachment 85917
View attachment 85918View attachment 85919

It's just a stretched Notorious with a TP Power 4070cm 2200kv on 8S.??
How do I get those damn arrma forum decals?!? Dope ride man. Well done.
My Mojave will do around 82 or 83mph, but its running a TP 4260 and Max 6 on 8s. Also running it with no body. It has more speed than that but after 80mph it gets pretty uncontrollable so I don't know the real top speed lol.. I don't have any pics of it with the GPS, but I'll do a run or two with it and post up pics in a few days
Sick!! 8s!!! Ur not blowing diffs up!?

Nope, once you get them built & shimmed right I haven't blown a diff in over a year of almost daily bashing ??
Yessir! After half a dozen diffs I think I finally got it nice and tight. I was going thru em once or twice a week! Went w vitavon diff bulkhead up front and HR rear. Makes a difference in my opinion.

My 3s ruckus with my note 10+ for speedo. Got squirley so backed out . GIVING THIS TO MY 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER.???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200617-205924_Speedometer.jpg
    Screenshot_20200617-205924_Speedometer.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
On 3s!! Damn. I’m only getting 49 out of my 3s

I made sure before i ran it that i had full gps coverage and accuracy was 5m or less. I had a few runs and it varied between 87km/h to 91.9km/h

I made sure before i ran it that i had full gps coverage and accuracy was 5m or less. I had a few runs and it varied between 87km/h to 91.9km/h
My garmin only does max and ave. It’s stuck @49.1 pass after pass lol.

My garmin only does max and ave. It’s stuck @49.1 pass after pass lol.

I'm not sure how accurate phone GPS are but i'd think it is quite good considering it is being used for navigation but i would think a dedicated one like Garmin may be more accurate. I don't know, just guessing but with the stock pinion i got roughly 80km/h so close to the advertised 50mph.

When i say close to 80km/h its actually 77km/h.

So yours also on the 20T pinion?

Attachments

• 20200523_084958.jpg
    20200523_084958.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 42
Outcast on 6s, chassis lowered and some lead on the front bumper, oem speed pinion 104kmh=65mph, yes the backflips were cutting pizza, again

Not sure about the Mojave, just never bothered (yet)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200503-085230_GNSS PA.jpg
    Screenshot_20200503-085230_GNSS PA.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 46
Ok here it is, tried to get it to over 80mph but could only manage 76mph before spinning out lol.. The tires become pizza cutters and you can’t hold it anymore

Attachments

• D3805B8D-CC2D-4A80-84F9-E1CC394E2CD6.jpeg
    D3805B8D-CC2D-4A80-84F9-E1CC394E2CD6.jpeg
    704.8 KB · Views: 60
I'm not sure how accurate phone GPS are but i'd think it is quite good considering it is being used for navigation but i would think a dedicated one like Garmin may be more accurate. I don't know, just guessing but with the stock pinion i got roughly 80km/h so close to the advertised 50mph.

When i say close to 80km/h its actually 77km/h.

So yours also on the 20T pinion?
Yes I was running 20t w 46 spur.

How do I get those damn arrma forum decals?!? Dope ride man. Well done.

Sick!! 8s!!! Ur not blowing diffs up!?
Not yet, I think I have the diffs shimmed well and I try to take it a little easy when it’s on 8s so I’ve been lucky so far..

Not yet, I think I have the diffs shimmed well and I try to take it a little easy when it’s on 8s so I’ve been lucky so far..
And you’re running on mojave wheels!?

And you’re running on mojave wheels!?
Yup, everything stock except for motor and ESC. Stock tires and center diff. It’s intetesting, the Mojave tires are the limiting factor cause they grow at speed, but they also allow you to go fast because of that, at speed the car is effectively running on larger diameter tires. If I tried to run it with GRPs or something else that don’t grow it would be controllable but I bet the top speed would be at least 10 mph less.. This was all for fun anyway, not gonna turn this into a speed car

Yup, everything stock except for motor and ESC. Stock tires and center diff. It’s intetesting, the Mojave tires are the limiting factor cause they grow at speed, but they also allow you to go fast because of that, at speed the car is effectively running on larger diameter tires. If I tried to run it with GRPs or something else that don’t grow it would be controllable but I bet the top speed would be at least 10 mph less.. This was all for fun anyway, not gonna turn this into a speed car
So cool. She feels so much faster!! Def not turning her into a speed runner either. I just wanna go fast over any terrain lol.

my Typhon 3s to 6s conversion 27t pinionView attachment 87546
Sick!! Thinking bout converting my losi ten Db pro to 6s lol.
just grabbed a 24t from local dude today.Ordered new set of katars too. I love them for speed runs.
my Typhon 3s to 6s conversion 27t pinionView attachment 87546
How bout a pic of this rig!? Cool poop man
Sick!! Thinking bout converting my losi ten Db pro to 6s lol.
just grabbed a 24t from local dude today.Ordered new set of katars too. I love them for speed runs.

How bout a pic of this rig!? Cool poop man
This is my arrma tenacity haha
D1596E66-6EAA-4C3C-96B6-F6FF76633CA6.jpeg
4A4B8626-5006-4A98-8489-E0D3B405376F.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back