How Fast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72Z15SS

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
  3. Raider
What is the fasted you've ever driven in a car, bike or truck?
Although this isn't my fastest, (unable to locate the picture, but I will.) here is a top speed on one of my rides on my 07 Triumph Daytona 675.
20130629_094624.jpg 20130816_075649.jpg

Be careful my friend..... be careful. We are not getting any younger!!

Back to the question...... I had a 95 Trans Am back in the day and hit 140.

152mph 2002 BMW M3. was a Sunday morning, going to LA from Orange County. I was sitting shotgun and my buddy said he wanted to peg it. I said to go for it, and as we came over a small rise we both saw the cop sitting on the shoulder. My buddy let off the gas and a mile or so later we pulled over and waited for him. Cop asked if he knew how fast he was going. My buddy answered "No sir, I don't/ When going that fast there is only time to watch the road". He wrote him a ticket for 94MPH. Any faster and you lose your license. I think the cop was so impressed that we pulled over to wait for him and then my buddy's answer was pretty solid. Anyway, glad we made it through that. Don't really ever want to do it again.

I have hit 130mph at top end of a 1/4 mile drag strip in my 1969 Chevy Kingswood Estate Wagon. I don't have video of it at a 1/4 mile track right now, but below is a link to some footage of it at the Barona 1/8 mile track in San Diego. The best pass in this video was 7.11s at 99mph at the 1/8th mile mark.

WOW, That's I didn't think the M3 would go that fast!? And that Chevy Wagon is awesome. Is it a factory big block car? They're rare to see!

Rdub, that picture was from 2013 and the Triumph and the Harley were both sold, Although I did buy another Triumph because we're not getting any younger... LOL

Last edited:
\
WOW, That's I didn't think the M3 would go that fast!? And that Chevy Wagon is awesome. Is it a factory big block car? They're rare to see!

Neither did we. However it was certainly not a factory spec M3. At the time, I had driven multiple M3's, 911's, Vipers, and 2 Ferrari's, So I had a baseline to compare to. This M3 was beastly.

Please don't think I am some pretentious A-hole bragging about my cars. I Valet Parked Cars at the Irvine Spectrum, When I was younger. Let's just say that it's not a bad practice to check your odometer when dropping off for Valet.

This scene comes to mind

ferris-bueller-ferrari-jump.jpg

article-2354841-1AA32A06000005DC-991_634x342.jpg

\
Sweet Man, I had a ride in an m3 years ago. It was some crazy a$$ car salesman out in Amish Pennsylvania on some of those windy/curvy country roads. Straight six I believe...

Neither did we. However it was certainly not a factory spec M3. At the time, I had driven multiple M3's, 911's, Vipers, and 2 Ferrari's, So I had a baseline to compare to. This M3 was beastly.

Please don't think I am some pretentious A-hole bragging about my cars. I Valet Parked Cars at the Irvine Spectrum, When I was younger. Let's just say that it's not a bad practice to check your odometer when dropping off for Valet.

This scene comes to mind

ferris-bueller-ferrari-jump.jpg

article-2354841-1AA32A06000005DC-991_634x342.jpg

It has a big block now, but now it was not originally a big block. It came with a small block 326. My grandparents bought the car in 69 and gave it to me when I turned 16. Since then my Dad and I have been adding more and more power. We had a small block 400 crate motor with NOS in it while I was in High School. It was my daily driver in high school and I blew it up twice in 3 years. I didn't take it with me when I went to college, but I moved back to OC after college and then we had the big block built and put in it. A couple weeks ago I actually posted most of the current build specs in another forum post titled "Full scale toys!". https://arrmaforum.com/threads/full-scale-toys.3501/
Pretty much the only thing we have not done to the wagon is put it on a diet. It still weighs in at 5,200lbs, but we off set that with 1,000hp. The motor makes 650hp and we have a NOS system that is jetted at 400hp.

\

A good friend of mine worked there in the late 90s when it first opened, I know all about the valet's in Irvine.....

It has a big block now, but now it was not originally a big block. It came with a small block 326. My grandparents bought the car in 69 and gave it to me when I turned 16. Since then my Dad and I have been adding more and more power. We had a small block 400 crate motor with NOS in it while I was in High School. It was my daily driver in high school and I blew it up twice in 3 years. I didn't take it with me when I went to college, but I moved back to OC after college and then we had the big block built and put in it. A couple weeks ago I actually posted most of the current build specs in another forum post titled "Full scale toys!". https://arrmaforum.com/threads/full-scale-toys.3501/
Pretty much the only thing we have not done to the wagon is put it on a diet. It still weighs in at 5,200lbs, but we off set that with 1,000hp. The motor makes 650hp and we have a NOS system that is jetted at 400hp.

A good friend of mine worked there in the late 90s when it first opened, I know all about the valet's in Irvine.....
Good story Chevyrumble. Nice to see it stayed in the Family and has so much history. I seriously wish I had some of the cars I had when I was in High School! Had a 69 350 12 bolt posi Chevelle and my Brother had THIS! Great times back then!!! I'm trying to find a 12 bolt posi for my 72 Chevelle, then maybe a stout crate motor? She runs but is tired with the original drivetrain...
Here's a picture of a picture from 1980's. Back then we only had film type cameras. LOL

Anthony's 70 RS.jpg

I'll have to check my old laptop for the picture of my FASTEST run on my Triumph. I was chasing my Buddy on his Aprilia RSV4 1000.
I saw him drop 2 gears and lay over the tank and it was ON baby. He pulled away at first but I was actually gaining ever so slightly. That little 675 would go with me on it. I only weighed about 165 or less at the time. 5-10 pounds heavier now...
Here's the bike I was chasing but this wasn't the run we did. No video that day, just a ride to Sonic for lunch.

Last edited:
If you want rear-end that is going to stand up to a lot of power I would suggest taking a look at what Moser has available. We went with 9" because we needed 2 sets of gears and the 9" is a lot easier to switch out than a 12 bolt. We have 4.88:1 Comp gears for the track and a set of 3.50 Pro Street gears for regular street driving. The car is fully registered and street legal, but living in Southern California the race mufflers are to loud so I have to put an old set of full pipes and mufflers on it if I don't want to be pulled over every other block trying to drive it on the street.

If you want rear-end that is going to stand up to a lot of power I would suggest taking a look at what Moser has available. We went with 9" because we needed 2 sets of gears and the 9" is a lot easier to switch out than a 12 bolt. We have 4.88:1 Comp gears for the track and a set of 3.50 Pro Street gears for regular street driving. The car is fully registered and street legal, but living in Southern California the race mufflers are to loud so I have to put an old set of full pipes and mufflers on it if I don't want to be pulled over every other block trying to drive it on the street.
Nice.. I have looked on Summit Racing's Website at the Currie Rears but not Moser. Not even sure if Summit sells them, but I would love a ford (Moser) 9" under it. If I was a good enough welder I'd consider finding one in a U-Pull It and fitting it myself. My only issue would be having to order a new driveshaft as well. Had one cut to length and welded to fit my 69 Chevelle when I installed the 12 Bolt Posi in it. If my 72 Chevelle wasn't a REAL SS I'd have it tubbed and make a ProStreet out of it. Love the steamroller meats under the rear.

nasty ss.jpg
1.jpg

168mph in a car, 120+mph in a pickup (speedo only went to 120), 140mph on a bike, 103mph on a dirt bike. Would go faster if I had the stuff to do it! I would go for a ride along in a top fuel car if I could.

Somewhere in the range of 155-160 MPH on the PA turnpike in a super hopped up VW Passat (FYI with the speed limiter removed that was its absolute top speed). Hit 145 on a back road years ago in my Saab 9000. I gave up on going fast for now.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back