Big Rock How good was the Nero?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought the traxxas fixes now im debating if i get the hobao retainers. I would like to make everything gun metal red but that will cost me an arm
“The toilet of canada”🤣🤣
All depends what you plan to use it for. If you’re going to bash it hard, get the HR Gold springs.

Seeing as you bought it used, I would strongly recommend that you:

- Take apart the three diffs, inspect them and then add Lucas Red & Tacky grease.
- Check the bearings. Hell… just buy a new set.
- Check the driveshaft boots as they tear easily.
- Make sure the slipper isn’t glazed. Replace if necessary.
- Install a shim under the steering servo saver to get more tension. Adjust as necessary.

Et voila! Let me know if you need help.

All depends what you plan to use it for. If you’re going to bash it hard, get the HR Gold springs.

Seeing as you bought it used, I would strongly recommend that you:

- Take apart the three diffs, inspect them and then add Lucas Red & Tacky grease.
- Check the bearings. Hell… just buy a new set.
- Check the driveshaft boots as they tear easily.
- Make sure the slipper isn’t glazed. Replace if necessary.
- Install a shim under the steering servo saver to get more tension. Adjust as necessary.

Et voila! Let me know if you need help.
Im getting the 75mm 317gf springs from arrma. Stock is 65mm 420gf the hot gold racing is 386gf. The servo save pr is adjustable(i just spent an hour breaking the threadlock. The plastic wore a bit just hammered it back flat) im changig al the bearings waiting for my jimbearings order.

Te clutch seems okay i think. A bit of wear on the first plate. Center and rear diff have been taken out, rear has been cleaned, the center not yet because i hate grease lol. The front not opened yet. They seem to have little to no wear. I just want to be able to add oil to the diffs and be able to use the diff lock too. It should hold oil because it has an oring around the holes. But has a lot of in and out play. Ordered new seals also getting them at the begining of february☠️
I would recommend jimsbearings rubber shielded bearings. I have a discount code for the official website.
I already did. Used 10%OFF

I just want to be able to add oil to the diffs and be able to use the diff lock too. It should hold oil because it has an oring around the holes.

Incorrect. The AR310558 units were not designed to run oil. If you insist on running oil, you need to get rid of the diff brains and plug the six holes (see below) with M3 set screws. Honestly, I do not see the benefit of doing this.

2D878D23-1891-4829-8206-9F42CD3969B3.jpeg

Last edited:
Incorrect. The AR310558 units were not designed to run oil. If you insist on running oil, you need to get rid of the diff brains and plug the six holes (see below) with M3 set screws. Honestly, I do not see the benefit of doing this.

View attachment 271619
You would run with grease?
The insane balooning to the front wheels is what worries me. From the videos i have seen. Its a monster to drive, insane accel, insane wheelies even with diff unlocked. Mhm

The insane balooning to the front wheels is what worries me. From the videos i have seen. Its a monster to drive, insane accel, insane wheelies even with diff unlocked. Mhm
Yep… I only run grease in my Neros with belted tires.

You can try the oil mod and if you don’t like it, go back to the diff brain setup.

Also, I have those shock springs you referred to. Nothing special imo.

Yep… I only run grease in my Neros with belted tires.

You can try the oil mod and if you don’t like it, go back to the diff brain setup.

Also, I have those shock springs you referred to. Nothing special imo.
Less stiff than stock by 5lbs each approximately
One of the main complains on the nero was the suspension being too stiff and bouncy

Keep the center diff locked to prevent the front tires from ballooning and control your throttle finger to minimize wheelies. Try not to worry too much.

Arrma sells a wheelie bar for the nero. I bought one and it reduced the flipping over. I always run center locked (partially because I only have 2 servos that work and they are expensive to replace). I run mx38 badlands (non-belted) those things pizza cutter if you have center open.

Arrma sells a wheelie bar for the nero. I bought one and it reduced the flipping over. I always run center locked (partially because I only have 2 servos that work and they are expensive to replace). I run mx38 badlands (non-belted) those things pizza cutter if you have center open.
Mine already has one

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back