Kraton How I broke 2 wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got heart. (y) Bashing in the real cold. I stopped doing that. :) I see that you really didn't land "WRONG" at all. It was literally a love tap to the wheels. Just that the temps got the best of the wheels.
Its 23F here in NYC. I couldn't do it.
Maybe some slow Crawling if I can bear the cold for an hours trail walk.:unsure:

You got heart. (y) Bashing in the real cold. I stopped doing that. :) I see that you really didn't land "WRONG" at all. It was literally a love tap to the wheels. Just that the temps got the best of the wheels.
Its 23F here in NYC. I couldn't do it.
Maybe some slow Crawling if I can bear the cold for an hours trail walk.:unsure:
Watch the slo-mo again ? That was 30 pounds landing sideways! I wouldn't call that a love tap ? One of those wheels already had some small cracks. That landing sealed the deal!
Hit the ramp perfectly. Just a bad combination of weight + cold.

Perfectly?! I love you , Johnny, but it was impossible to hit the ramp perfectly in that snow and ice ? The truck was sliding sideways when it left the ramp. It also landed on the side where the 3 pound motor is mounted ? That might have contributed to the issue.

Yeah, what I was trying to say is that I've seen all your K8S vids and you have endured much worse when the temps were warmer by comparison to this. Yeah, 30 pounds of force and momentum is still no joke.:)

Yeah, what I was trying to say is that I've seen all your K8S vids and you have endured much worse when the temps were warmer by comparison to this. Yeah, 30 pounds of force and momentum is still no joke.:)
Ah, gotcha. The metal hex inserts definitely helped. When I would land like that with my Super Rock Rey, the entire center would break out and the wheel would go flying.

Go to 1:30 of this video and you will see what I'm talking about ?

Last edited:
Hey @Notorious J i think I found our issue. We both think this was perfectly good driving. ??? This is like the gold standard for guys named John/Jon. ✌?

Sorry about your luck there Ed. That thing sure throws the snow around. Put a plow on the front and run it down the driveway ???

Hah that's awesome theyre replacing that for you. I'd have thought they'd send this screenshot from your video on the 16th and tell you the only thing left on your warranty is the antenna tube! ?
Screenshot_20200122-002527.png

A Combination of Aluminum and composite plastic Beadlock wheels would be a nice upgrade product for the K8S

That was fast. HH doesn't play games. They mean what they say. And fast shipping. My replaced BF'S got to me in 4 days. ( original ones improperly glued) Literally a 2 minute conversation with support and they shipped that day. And they thanked me for being a valurd cutomer. Very polite, and no questions asked.

I though i was the onky ine sho snapped a wheel in winter. Plastic hates the cold even my license arrma plate shadered in a little landing like glass i went the next day to find it and glued it back on

If Hh/Arrma are careful and continue with their business model, I can see Arrma on par with Trx, volume of sales wise in another 10 years. That is what TRX is afraid of. They wear that on their sleeve .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back