How I do tire removal / install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
Making a thread and videos of how I get my worn tires off my wheels and install ( glue ) the new ones . We go thru tires constantly when we race , so we buy new tires but re-use the rims . This is part one , tire removal . I remove tires NOT to re-use them as they are worn , in the event that you want to remove the tire because you stripped the rim hex and save / re-use the tire , be aware that if you use this Acetone method and submerge the whole tire it ruins the foam , and the tire grows some and you'd have to wait it out til the tire comes back down to its original size to put it on a new wheel .

TY.
Great video. Your way is best. No doubt.(y)
I've done that before. Acetone can be rough to work with. Depending where you work.
Me personally, I hate when my wife uses Nail polish remover (Acetone)to do her nails. Burns my eyes.:LOL:
I use scissors to cut the tire off. Less chance of cutting the Foam if you want to reuse it. And a bit faster IMHO.
Most times I use the oven method. ( Toaster oven). Acetone works best. Some just use a bit of acetone and let the fumes do the work. Less acetone is used this way. I mostly buy new tires. Some tires only come as premounts anyway. With no Separately available tires and foams. Mostly MT tires are this way. Basher rigs.
If I was racing and going through tires alot, I wouldn't buy Pre-mounts. Just buy new tires and foams like you did here. The wheels and even the Closed cell foams are fine to reuse. Open cell cheap foams are usually worn out and should be replaced. Nice instructional video.
Sure does save some coin.:cool:

Last edited:
Dude, you make it look so easy. Great videos.(y)
Keep em coming.:)

Dude, you make it look so easy. Great videos.(y)
Keep em coming.:)
Thanks SrC !!! Want to ad , I went to dismount another set tonight , my razor was dull and didn't have a pair of scissors so I used a pair of straight tin snips , it cut thru the rubber like butter !! Gonna use them from now on !!

You got this down to a science. I watch Track guy YT'ers do theirs. You have a good system. Been doing this for a while.(y)
I agree about thin and thick CA's. It spretty much about the flow rate. Thinnest flows fast but sets fast. Less room for error. Need to be quick. Some tires are very firm, hard to stretch. If you fumble with the tires, the bead is off and set, too late. Bad wheel. I been there.
I like accelerator on Hand. Not always needed.
I use BSI Insta-cure+,BSI IC-2000 (rubberized) or AKA depending the tire. For larger MT bashers, the IC-2000 works best for me. Is slow setting. I may use some accel. I always CA the back of my wheels first also. Let sit for 15 min. Acceleraor helps here. I never thought to let sit overnight. Makes so much sense though. I find that when I glue my own set, they rarely if ever come apart. But more than 50% of the the Pre-Mounts I buy fall apart at the beads from poor gluing QC. Pre-mounts can be such a waste of money.

Last edited:
Same here , I have never had one of my glue jobs come apart . For my bashers , ALL of them I vented the tires , I've only had one of my Talion tires come partly off, re-glued then it was fine .

Yeah I always vent at the tires tread. Some even vent at the inner sidewall depending on the tire. (Truggy/Buggy tires) Closing off the wheel vents. Done precisely enough, the 4 tires expand and contract evenly, equally, all 4 of them. Better overal traction and predictable driving.

I always balance every one of my wheels. Rarely, some never need it on occasion. But larger MT tires are usually all whacked out balance wise. I like to run a pack through a set of new tires first, then balance them. The foams get a chance to seat/fill out, and the tires tend to round out better with an initial break-in.
Open cell foams more so.

Edited.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back