Outcast How I mounted the tbr outcast bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beefy nugz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I was never a big fan of the idea of mounting a BASHER bumper to the front diff! And I know I'm not the only one, so I was a little hesitant to purchase although I just loved the look of it.

So I bought it and installed using only the four screws on the bottom of the chasis. Thought it had to much flex byitself so i readded the original bumper (that i trimmed) for the additional support. Seems it will work great!

15151825709721416303776.jpg
15151826196941974989159.jpg

And maybe ppl are already doing it this way, or maybe this is a re post....

Just thought I would share

Attachments

• 15151842894661833161157.jpg
    15151842894661833161157.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 59
I was never a big fan of the idea of mounting a BASHER bumper to the front diff! And I know I'm not the only one, so I was a little hesitant to purchase although I just loved the look of it.

So I bought it and installed using only the four screws on the bottom of the chasis. Thought it had to much flex byitself so i readded the original bumper (that i trimmed) for the additional support. Seems it will work great!
When I first got My Outcast I put a T-Bone front bumper on it. Within a month I was sick of it. It would dig into the ground landing a jump if the nose was low rather than doing it's job of gliding off the ground. It eventually got bent so far down it would dig in all the time. So I yanked it off and now use a RPM front bumper for a Kraton. What an improvement!! I also, like You left the stock bumper on there. It gives a little wider protection than the RPM alone.

I actually trimmed the stock bumper back so it' not seen, just adds support.

Can u post a pick of the rpm bumper on ur outcast?

20171104_121525.jpg

20171104_120309.jpg

It works great. No more digging in with the T bone. Like you said the stock bumper behind adds support. I kept the width for a little more shock deflection of sticks and stuff.

Ok, we'll see how long this bumper lasts. Although I do prefer the look of tbr, if it dosent last ling then I'll go with the rpm.

Is that a bunch of skateboard stickers on your chasis lol or an aftermarket piece?

It is a vinyl chassis protector from ebay. I actually just ordered the American Flag for it. Not a big fan of this one

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back