How Important are the Looks of an RC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I'm just curious as to how important the looks of an RC are to you? I can say they play a fairly significant role in my purchases, for better or worse. Case in point. I bought a Senton Mega 4x4 (converted to brushless) because I thought it looked great. Turns out I hated SCT's, no matter how good they look. Another example would be the Tekno MT410. I've read nothing but great things about them but I find them beyond ugly. I can't stand the thin (width) chassis and the bodies are 10 pounds of ugly stuffed into a 5 pound bag ?. I don't think I could ever get past that.

Bonus question: Which Arrma is the best looking? For me it's the Notorious. While it is probably my least favorite Arrma to drive, I think it looks absolutely amazing ???

They are kinda important to me....I’m with you on the SCT thing...I don’t like them. I love the look of Tekno though...I think the ET48.3 is the best looking truggy with the stock body. I like the thin chassis and long arms but you’re right, it’s hard to shoehorn everything in there. Makes up for it in the way it handles though.

They are kinda important to me....I’m with you on the SCT thing...I don’t like them. I love the look of Tekno though...I think the ET48.3 is the best looking truggy with the stock body. I like the thin chassis and long arms but you’re right, it’s hard to shoehorn everything in there. Makes up for it in the way it handles though.

I think that one is ugly as sin too. Just not for me, no matter how well it handles. Also, handling isn't tops on my list. I just need them to drive straight onto a ramp ???

I love the trugified Typhons.
Looks are important to me, it it doesn't look good I tend to not care about it and destroy without concern.

I love the trugified Typhons.
Looks are important to me, it it doesn't look good I tend to not care about it and destroy without concern.

I love the look of the truggified Typhons too...or even just with the Six Packs. One of these days I’ll have one....

It’d be nice if they could fly around trees too ?

ET48.3 was built for flight- goes over trees even on tiny ramps :ROFLMAO:
29369997-9286-418F-BE38-58A37745B813.jpeg

I think looks are important but you can always change to a more attractive body, if you like everything else about a particular RC vehicle.

That pic says it all. It's so fracking ugly *to me*. Could do it.

You already know I’m a Tekno fanboy but I actually gotta agree with you. They look pretty much “generic truggy” No real character to it aesthetically regardless of how you paint it. But the way it drives and flies...it’s just something to behold.

For RC, looks play 0% in my decision making. Durability, parts availability and if it fits the thing I want to do.

This was a t-maxx I drove for a couple years looking like this:
2004-0518-21Maxx-receiverlow-bodyon.JPG

And my second small block t-maxx:
2004-0518-SMaxx-receiver-bodyon.JPG

I got tired of replacing the rear of the body, so I stopped replacing it. I also got annoyed with painting about half way through, as you can tell on the first one.

Now I try to find alternate rear of body solutions, but really, it's only because the body helps it slide. It could be all black, clear, lime green with 4 different colored wheels on it.

Does it drive?
Does it require a lot of constant maintenance?

Yes, no, I'm good to go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back