How important is one screw on the esc mounting plate?

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious
Had the inner esc plate plastic tab break, just noticed it by happenstance (guess that happens with big air 🤔😂). I have a plastic bonding 2 step glue, think anything is in jeopardy? Or just hold out till the entire thing goes?

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious
Actually the esc I meant. Look what I found when I was taking the esc out to glue the tab back on, no sticky tape, hence no shock absorption, and why I've been breaking fans. 😕

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock 4x4, Granite, Kraton 6s, Notorious, Talion, Typhon 6s
If you can secure the esc somehow without all the screws you'll be in good shape. Double sided tape or servo tape is often used even without screws.
My BRCC esc broke a screw tab and hasn't worried me at all.

Kiwi

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega, BigRock, Granite, Kraton 4s, Outcast 4s, Senton
Just posted a thread with same problem
Kraton 4s and senton 3s
I just had to in tighten the screws on my brand new undriven Senton 3s as the esc mounting bracket was bulging from over tightening.

No more waterproof electronics now the esc housing is compromised.

Attachments

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Just posted a thread with same problem
Kraton 4s and senton 3s
I just had to in tighten the screws on my brand new undriven Senton 3s as the esc mounting bracket was bulging from over tightening.

No more waterproof electronics now the esc housing is compromised.
Shouldn't matter about the housing. The board itself should be fully potted. The case is just there to give it structure to hold a fan, screw it down and extra protection. At least my castle MMv2 was.

Kiwi

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Shouldn't matter about the housing. The board itself should be fully potted. The case is just there to give it structure to hold a fan, screw it down and extra protection. At least my castle MMv2 was.
Shouldn’t being operative word! The blx185 looks like it’s got a solid/ decent base/housing where’s as both the blx100 and blx120 have bases they sit in look like afterthoughts!

Kiwi

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Jeez what happened to them mine is still good. If this happens i will make horizon warranty this is kinda ridiculous if you ask me
The Senton one is 2 batteries old car had no breaks and is otherwise sweet. As for the Kraton few typical rolls and end overs and slaps but no breaks after the first outing lol. Warranty means nothing over here in nz, they just ask for your hole car and then the waiting game. Your better off solving the issue yourself over here. So improvise or import lmao!

So I’ve just used industrial strength marine adhesive sealant to solve problem and tomorrow problem will only be a memory lol!

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 4s
The Senton one is 2 batteries old car had no breaks and is otherwise sweet. As for the Kraton few typical rolls and end overs and slaps but no breaks after the first outing lol. Warranty means nothing over here in nz, they just ask for your hole car and then the waiting game. Your better off solving the issue yourself over here. So improvise or import lmao!

So I’ve just used industrial strength marine adhesive sealant to solve problem and tomorrow problem will only be a memory lol!
Mhm you just have to email horizon hobby they ask for the receip of your car adress and pictures i had many times they backed me up with the horible bad luck i had.. like slipper clutch loosening motor bearing exploding diff bearing melting destroying the whole diff...
I have my freaking motor plate bending tho still:/