How important is one screw on the esc mounting plate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Had the inner esc plate plastic tab break, just noticed it by happenstance (guess that happens with big air ??). I have a plastic bonding 2 step glue, think anything is in jeopardy? Or just hold out till the entire thing goes?

Actually the esc I meant. Look what I found when I was taking the esc out to glue the tab back on, no sticky tape, hence no shock absorption, and why I've been breaking fans. ?

If you can secure the esc somehow without all the screws you'll be in good shape. Double sided tape or servo tape is often used even without screws.
My BRCC esc broke a screw tab and hasn't worried me at all.

Sorry forgot pic
20190712_170414.jpg

I glued the tab back on, and used some 3M double sided adhesive.

Just posted a thread with same problem
Kraton 4s and senton 3s
I just had to in tighten the screws on my brand new undriven Senton 3s as the esc mounting bracket was bulging from over tightening.

No more waterproof electronics now the esc housing is compromised.

Attachments

• 1AA599D5-7866-4A1A-85F5-DB98E3CA9D1B.jpeg
    1AA599D5-7866-4A1A-85F5-DB98E3CA9D1B.jpeg
    370.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 183972D0-378C-4260-B2A5-76F16376F4D7.jpeg
    183972D0-378C-4260-B2A5-76F16376F4D7.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 60
Just posted a thread with same problem
Kraton 4s and senton 3s
I just had to in tighten the screws on my brand new undriven Senton 3s as the esc mounting bracket was bulging from over tightening.

No more waterproof electronics now the esc housing is compromised.
Shouldn't matter about the housing. The board itself should be fully potted. The case is just there to give it structure to hold a fan, screw it down and extra protection. At least my castle MMv2 was.

Shouldn't matter about the housing. The board itself should be fully potted. The case is just there to give it structure to hold a fan, screw it down and extra protection. At least my castle MMv2 was.

Shouldn’t being operative word! The blx185 looks like it’s got a solid/ decent base/housing where’s as both the blx100 and blx120 have bases they sit in look like afterthoughts!

Jeez what happened to them mine is still good. If this happens i will make horizon warranty this is kinda ridiculous if you ask me
The Senton one is 2 batteries old car had no breaks and is otherwise sweet. As for the Kraton few typical rolls and end overs and slaps but no breaks after the first outing lol. Warranty means nothing over here in nz, they just ask for your hole car and then the waiting game. Your better off solving the issue yourself over here. So improvise or import lmao!

So I’ve just used industrial strength marine adhesive sealant to solve problem and tomorrow problem will only be a memory lol!

The Senton one is 2 batteries old car had no breaks and is otherwise sweet. As for the Kraton few typical rolls and end overs and slaps but no breaks after the first outing lol. Warranty means nothing over here in nz, they just ask for your hole car and then the waiting game. Your better off solving the issue yourself over here. So improvise or import lmao!

So I’ve just used industrial strength marine adhesive sealant to solve problem and tomorrow problem will only be a memory lol!
Mhm you just have to email horizon hobby they ask for the receip of your car adress and pictures i had many times they backed me up with the horible bad luck i had.. like slipper clutch loosening motor bearing exploding diff bearing melting destroying the whole diff...
I have my freaking motor plate bending tho still:/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back