Fireteam How is everyone removing the toy soldiers from their Fireteam?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Seems like about 90% of people get a Fireteam want the gun guys removed, if nothing else they add extra weight and raise the center of gravity. Just curious how everybody is going about removing them.

The exploded body diagram makes it appear as if the interior seats/figures can be removed as one piece. Was considering that. Also thought about cutting 3 of the guys out and putting a cool head on the driver. Still not sure, but just wondering how everyone else has been taking them out.

I had to take the body cage apart a bit to get to the men. It was actually more work than I anticipated but so glad I did it. The soldiers a lone are a lot of weight.

Tiny 1/7 scale blocks of C4 strategically placed directly under their respective arses. Make sure you detonate them with a dedicated LiPo or BEC, though. It can strain the ESC.

I had to take the body cage apart a bit to get to the men. It was actually more work than I anticipated but so glad I did it. The soldiers a lone are a lot of weight.
I want to remove the weight but I like that the electronics are protected. Did you leave yours completely open without the soldiers or did you cover it up with something else?

I just want someone to make a Herbie body for the Fireteam. Either that or a cool dune buggy body. Otherwise, I like my gun guys. I plan to strap fireworks to my Fireteam and ride and shoot!

It's strange the guns are so unpopular now Don't kids play cops and robbers any more, or run around the street with cap guns yelling "I got you"?
I don't know about that. My son and everyone here still play FortNite and GTA. It's all happening online now for kids and adults with gaming.

@sumguy75,
I am sorry that you don't advocate for the NRA. I get it. Many are here where I live. I am not one of them, being A retired Officer. I also was on the FT there. With Shotguns. Real Guns don't kill, Bad People do. If I needed help, I would be hoping The Fireteam would show up with their guns, Not empty handed, holding their asses.;)
I am not afraid of guns.
Kidding aside, lets be real. This is a TOY. Do these little guns scare you? Afraid of being harrassed by Gun control Activists because the FT has little guns?

Removing the Longarms won't reduce any significant weight at all. But that's an easy fix if you are so inclined.
Just remove the arms from within the bottom and then remove the TOY guns from the Arms and reinstall the arms. Takes all of 5 minutes.
I never thought any RC car had to be politically Correct. Maybe you chose the wrong RC? IDK. Don't be offended. These are just toys. Don't let the media control how you play with TOYS. I played with GI Joes as a kid. So maybe I see things differently?:rolleyes:
I didn't buy the FT just because of the Guns. They were there. Have no problem with it. I just want to bash. Guns or no guns, doesn't matter or make a difference.
We all RC differently I get it.:cool:

Last edited:
I don't know about that. My son and everyone here still play FortNite and GTA. It's all happening online now for kids and adults with gaming.

@sumguy75,
I am sorry that you don't advocate for the NRA. I get it. Many are here where I live. I am not one of them, being A retired Officer. Real Guns don't kill, People do. If I needed help, I would be hoping The Fireteam would show up with their guns, Not empty handed, holding their asses.;)
I am not afraid of guns.
Kidding aside, lets be real. This is a TOY. Do these little guns scare you? Afraid of being harrassed by Gun control Activists because the FT has little guns?

Removing the Longarms won't reduce any significant weight at all. But that's an easy fix of you are so inclined.
Just remove the arms from within the bottom and then remove the TOY guns from the Arms and reinstall the arms. Takes all of 5 minutes.
I never thought any RC car had to be politically Correct. Maybe you chose the wrong RC? IDK. Don't be offended. These are just toys. Don't let the media control how you play with TOYS. I played with GI Joes as a kid. So maybe I see things differently?:rolleyes:
I didn't buy the FT just because of the Guns. They were there. Have no problem with it. I just want to bash. Guns or no guns, doesn't matter or make a difference.
We all RC differently I get it.:cool:
I totally get what you’re saying. I’m a pretty liberal dude, but have owned guns most of my life and will probably never stop enjoying them. I don’t even hunt anymore, I just like to shoot. My second favorite hobby! I cancelled my membership to the NRA years ago though, after they stopped being an advocate for stewarding kids in their education of firearms, educating new gun owners, gun training/responsible ownership, etc. and just started funneling all of their money into a 2nd Amendment right wing lobby with an end game that has no bearing on the reason the organization was founded. I won’t fund a lobby group with often nefarious intentions, and that’s what they’ve become. They are no longer about being a support group for responsible gun owners. The 2nd amendment is never going away folks, and there won’t be any libs storming your property to take your guns away. Truth. And I totally agree that guns don’t kill people, whacked out nut jobs kill people. Too bad we have have so freaking many of them on our home turf.
And yes, the Fireteam is a toy. I don’t think it needs to be PC, I just personally think they look silly. I’d be embarrassed to show up at the bash spot with it. Same reason I don’t still play with my previously beloved 12” GI Joes. At least not in public…
But, I guess if I was one of those people trucking my Fireteam to the bash spot in a lifted, snorkeled 4wd van with a roof rack full of supplies, seven spare tires, 3 months of freeze dried rations, and a bug-out bag under the seat….well, I’d probably keep the toy “operators” with their guns too.
And like you said, we all RC in our own way. To each their own.

I totally get what you’re saying. I’m a pretty liberal dude, but have owned guns most of my life and will probably never stop enjoying them. I don’t even hunt anymore, I just like to shoot. My second favorite hobby! I cancelled my membership to the NRA years ago though, after they stopped being an advocate for stewarding kids in their education of firearms, educating new gun owners, gun training/responsible ownership, etc. and just started funneling all of their money into a 2nd Amendment right wing lobby with an end game that has no bearing on the reason the organization was founded. I won’t fund a lobby group with often nefarious intentions, and that’s what they’ve become. They are no longer about being a support group for responsible gun owners. The 2nd amendment is never going away folks, and there won’t be any libs storming your property to take your guns away. Truth. And I totally agree that guns don’t kill people, whacked out nut jobs kill people. Too bad we have have so freaking many of them on our home turf.
And yes, the Fireteam is a toy. I don’t think it needs to be PC, I just personally think they look silly. I’d be embarrassed to show up at the bash spot with it. Same reason I don’t still play with my previously beloved 12” GI Joes. At least not in public…
But, I guess if I was one of those people trucking my Fireteam to the bash spot in a lifted, snorkeled 4wd van with a roof rack full of supplies, seven spare tires, 3 months of freeze dried rations, and a bug-out bag under the seat….well, I’d probably keep the toy “operators” with their guns too.
And like you said, we all RC in our own way. To each their own.
I love this. Too many think that disagreeing with something is an all or nothing proposition. I’m from NC and my folks have had guns all my life. I like ‘em too, but I also know that not everyone needs to own ine. I have several family and friends that if they wanted to get a gun, I’d oppose it. Some folks just cannot handle the responsibility of gun ownership. Like you all said, it ain’t the guns, it’s the folks that shouldn’t have them that are causing the problem. And yes, the NRA has abandoned their true original purpose a long time ago. Just like most political lobbies. As for the FT, the soldiers are a love ‘em or hate’em thing. Mine are cool though 😝🤓

And like you said, we all RC in our own way. To each their own
embarrassed to show up to the bash spot with the fireteam? No way now if I showed up with a Traxxas then YES I would be Embarrassed. the bug-out bag comes in handy!! Just say'n

embarrassed to show up to the bash spot with the fireteam? No way now if I showed up with a Traxxas then YES I would be Embarrassed. the bug-out bag comes in handy!! Just say'n
Maybe that is why the FT is getting the big discounts.

For the FT, yeah it's might be a bit hoky, but it is what it is. Why not throw a Kraton body on there or something? Make it look less scale and more bashable?

What's strange is Arrma is based in the UK, where guns are illegal, and they added an armed militia to an RC. The Brits are getting all tactical and stuff, go figure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back