How large to make body mount holes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amateurhour

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
I’m getting ready to paint and mount a new body on my Kraton and I was wondering how large I should make the holes? I would think that having them a bit generously sized would allow the body and chassis to flex and prolong the life of the body. But how large should they be? A lot? Or just a little? Or just let them naturally wear to the size that they want to be?

On my notorious the rear holes are more like slots, I assume to allow for movement. Show I try to mimic that on the new body?
Thanks

Make them the same size of the original Kraton body.

Those are already a little worn in haha so make them the same sloppy fit?

No, make them fit snug with a very minimum of play.My V4 Kraton body front holes are completely round with a very minimal left to right play when mounted. The rears are oblong with that very minimal left to right play. The rear post fit the body to the rear of the oblong holes. The body has a few millimeters of play in the body holes forward of the rear posts. I guess

this is for rear flex to not oblong the rear body holes if completely round.

If I were mounting a new body I would just make 4 round holes. Snug as can be without the body hanging up on the post when putting or taking off.
20190903_210245.jpg
20190903_210330.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back