How long are tires lasting you (like backflips)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerDubs

Military Veteran
Reaction score
I just bought a new Notorious. While shopping online I found a chance to buy new replacement tire/wheels for a great cost and am going to pick up a spare set.

The price is really good, so I am wondering if I should buy multiple sets?

How long can I expect them to last if I just drive like crazy and don't worry about wearing them out?

I beat the hell out of my backflips on my Kraton and I am really surprised they are holding up really well. They owe me nothing and still come back for more.

It really depends.

If you’ll vent the tires and run only on grass and sand and don’t do speed runs , they’ll last “forever”. By that I mean you’ll probably replace most of the other parts of the car before you’ll need to replace the tires.

But on asphalt, you could probably ruin a set in 3-4 packs.

mine lasted 3 months but I didnt vent them... That prob cost me a few months...got lots of mud in the foam and they started running like i had a huge rock inside of them...bump bump bump bump bump bump...

Do the backflips come prevented?
What do you do to keep out mud and rocks on a vented tire?

It comes vented at the wheel, which is bad.
This thread talks about sealing the wheel and venting the tire, which keeps mud and rocks outside by itself, as everything is flying out of the wheel as it spins.
Link?
Or how would i seal and vent?

Link?
Or how would i seal and vent?
Cover the hole in the rim with tape/shoe goo/whatever, then use a 1/8th drill bit to drill holes at 6/12 in the center of the tire. I use my dremel with light pressure so it cuts a clean hole in the rubber. I may use the next size down from 1/8th... 1/8th seems big.

Then, if you run in wet conditions, at the end of the day, run it up to speed somewhere flat and dry a few times and it will fling all the water out of the tires and hopefully dry out further when you store it.

Cover the hole in the rim with tape/shoe goo/whatever, then use a 1/8th drill bit to drill holes at 6/12 in the center of the tire. I use my dremel with light pressure so it cuts a clean hole in the rubber. I may use the next size down from 1/8th... 1/8th seems big.

Then, if you run in wet conditions, at the end of the day, run it up to speed somewhere flat and dry a few times and it will fling all the water out of the tires and hopefully dry out further when you store it.
6 and 12 in the middle of the treads?

Like a clock. 6 oclock and 12 oclock. In the middle of the tire tread as that's where centrifugal force will put the water when the wheels are spinning.

Personally, I like to put the holes in the center of a lug if I can. More rubber around the hole to make it less likely to tear over time.

Like here in the red boxes:
2019-0220-ArrmaBackflip-ProlineTrencher-HoleLocations.jpg

I usually put at least 2 holes, one on opposing sides of the tire. Sometimes I put 4 holes... 12, 3, 6, 9 (hours on a clock).

I use a piece if old hollow radio antenna chucked in a drill, makes perfect holes and the rubber plug ends up in the tube.

I used the method shoed here by Rich Duperbash using a brass tube with great results
I think I have some tube around to do that with, might give it a try. Looks quicker than using a drill and gives a nice clean hole. Although, the hole is a bit larger than I typically make.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back