How long does acetone take

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long is this acetone method take lol sun going down and I’m trying to get this bash in ?
Dude, I went for 18 hours and it released my tires from my wheels some but I know I need at least another day. I pulled on em and flipped em over and put the lid back on. You may need to get you some backup tires to keep on deck.

Dude, I went for 18 hours and it released my tires from my wheels some but I know I need at least another day. I pulled on em and flipped em over and put the lid back on. You may need to get you some backup tires to keep on deck.
It my proline primes im doing surgery too Haha I do but my stocks blew a foam, then my badlands flip me over every time just trying get some street action ? I’ll be patient xo1 and grp coming Tuesday

Now I see why in videos guys have like 20 sets of tires
I love having lots of different tires sets to test and try out. It's an easy way to change the truck with the greatest effect. Trying something bigger, smaller, different tread is noticeable in two minutes. You can gain or lose speed, traction, handling, looks with four easy nuts. (y)(y)?

It my proline primes im doing surgery too Haha I do but my stocks blew a foam, then my badlands flip me over every time just trying get some street action ? I’ll be patient xo1 and grp coming Tuesday
GRP are a pretty good value but require some extensions. The Sweep Racing Road or Terrain Crushers are also pretty neat and plenty clearance but they cost a lot these days. $100-115 a set.... which is a little high considering the wheels are less tough than proline or duratrax....and they can't do much to cushion a decent jump. I wouldn't take a jump higher than 20" on the Sweep Racing paws.

The longest mine have taken was 2 days, but I had 4 1/8th scale tires in the bucket together.
If that isn't fast enough you can try this.

One of mine is done but the other three are gonna take another day. I fixed my rack with some pegboard hooks. Still haven't had to add more acetone.

Do you care for the foams? because if not you can just dip the tires in the acetone, it will be much quicker this way, but will ruin the foams. i specifically did this to these exact tires, and i still use those wheels and tires, but with a new foams.

Do you care for the foams? because if not you can just dip the tires in the acetone, it will be much quicker this way, but will ruin the foams. i specifically did this to these exact tires, and i still use those wheels and tires, but with a new foams.
Well, I guess I need to do that. The foams are probably not worth saving as one is shredded anyway. I wasn't even planning to keep the tires but they're still in one piece but no tread.
I guess I was under the impression that I would weaken the wheels using it directly soaking the tires. I over-thought it.
Not sure about the OP but I really only care to save the wheels so I can try to mount some new rubber and foams in the future. I actually like the design of the wheel but not a fan of the tires anymore.
Thanks for clearing this up for me. (y)?

I understand, i like those wheels as well.
I remove tires this way few times already and re-used the wheels, it didnt cause any issues with the wheels for me.

I learnt this from Ryan Harris. He cut the wheels first to save the foams:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back