Kraton How long does it take YOU?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
How long does it take YOU to build an Arrma rig from scratch? I've been working on a new rig today and I always feel like I take forever so it got me curious what its like for everyone else.

If I had everything 100% ready to go, for example fresh after a tear down for a rebuild like about 45 minutes. It’s the searching for the right screws and $hit for a true “scratch” build that take forever… like… even a jrc screw kit is kinda cheating for a real scratch build.. haha

How long does it take YOU to build an Arrma rig from scratch? I've been working on a new rig today and I always feel like I take forever so it got me curious what its like for everyone else.
I just looked back @ my frankenbuild & it took me a full week, working on it a few hours an evening. There were a couple delays while waiting for Jenny's, but I don't think I can do it in one sitting 🤷‍♂️

once took me a few hours over a few days but I deionized all the aluminium and shined up all the driveshafts and screws

When I do a complete tear down rebuild all diffs and shocks. Strip the chassis replace all bearings clean everything. I average 18-20 hours. I do a few things extra I put dry fluid on my drive shaft ends and where they seat in the
ECB27845-EFAC-4C84-92E8-0B44A4B2191E.png
bearings and lock tight ALOT of screws.

When I do a complete tear down rebuild all diffs and shocks. Strip the chassis replace all bearings clean everything. I average 18-20 hours. I do a few things extra I put dry fluid on my drive shaft ends and where they seat in the View attachment 245507 bearings and lock tight ALOT of screws.
Dry Fluid is great stuff. Fantastic lubrication for pillow balls too. It lasts forever and doesn't attract any dirt. I use MXLR anti-wear grease on my drive shaft ends and that seems to work pretty well so far.

If I had everything 100% ready to go, for example fresh after a tear down for a rebuild like about 45 minutes. It’s the searching for the right screws and $hit for a true “scratch” build that take forever… like… even a jrc screw kit is kinda cheating for a real scratch build.. haha
If I have all the parts , every single screw etc. With my trusty Milwaukee driver and MIP's, I can do it inside of 2 hours. Soldering if needed. Aligned and all. RTR. Phone is off and no TV. All alone. A few Beers and it's fast if you build your F and R sub assemblies first. Then slap it onto the chassis. I don't count the diff and shock building. I always start with them already built.
But some builds just drag on slowly. Several days sometimes.
With my Tekno MT, I took my sweet time. like a week or so. Setting a few hours aside per day. Because it was too enjoyable to rush it. I was sad when it was finished.:giggle: I just wanted to keep building it. Hard to explain better. Tekno manuals are the best out there.

Last edited:
Omg it took me 6 hours. Everything from jrc and removing esc from another rig. That's also with me installing rear arms upside down and having to go back and fix it 🤣. I really wish I could do it in 2 or 3. A chassis swap is a lot faster.....

Now it's almost 3am and I have to go test it outside now 🤣

Usually the weekend by the time you modify, make parts and go through diffs,wiring, etc

It's hard to tell bc I work on em as I have time and sometimes working on 2 at a time (well, not exact same time, will jump back and forth sometimes).

With my Tekno MT, I took my sweet time. like a week or so. Setting a few hours aside per day. Because it was too enjoyable to rush it. I was sad when it was finished.:giggle: I just wanted to keep building it. Hard to explain better. Tekno manuals are the best out there.
+1

I get sidetracked a lot and end up on here or one of the other forums or eBay for a few hours so sometimes it can take me an entire weekend to do something as simple as changing the fluid in my diff :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back