Talion How long does your average 6s lipo battery last you each driving session.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talion newbie 248

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hey guys was just wondering how long do your RC cars run on a full charge. I have a Venom Racing 25048 50C 6S 5000mAh 22.2V LiPo Battery and it only lasts at for 10 to 15 minutes a run is this the average length of time for these RC cars before you have to switch the batteries.

Depends on where you’re driving and how fast, but if your off-road in grass WOT then that’s about right for a 5000mah battery.

I can get 15-20 minutes on a 5400 6s pack.

I don't run a single 6S, but I run dual 3S packs. In my outcast at the grass bmx track with 13T pinion and kevlar wrapped trencher 3.8's, I get 16-17 minutes on 2 3S HRB 5000mah 50C and 19-20 minutes using hobbystar 6200mah 3S 50C packs.

I time every run since my transmitter has a timer in it, then I know if I have a bearing going out, something binding that's cutting my run time short, or if my packs are dying.

I run pretty much non-stop. A bit of WOT and a lot of jumping, turn around jump again.

I was doing a run today with my talion in the grass so does that effect it.
Absolutely. Running on grass creates the most resistance. The taller the grass..... plus you said you put on a fairly aggressive tire. One other thing you need to watch if you plan on continuing to run the same, is your motor temp. Your esc has a thermal cut off, but if you constantly run til it reaches it, you will do damage to either/both the motor and esc. If your truck slows down and seems like your battery is dying, but gets going again after a short pause, your esc may have thermaled. When you hit lvc (low voltage cutoff) that's your batteries, and you shouldn't be able to continue unless you turn the esc off than on again (don't). When you thermal, sometimes just waiting and giving the fan a chance to cool things down, will allow you to continue. Either way, you need to know which is happening and what to do next. Buy a cheap lipo voltage tester and a temp gun so you can start to check and learn what your rig is doing. So much more to add here, but I'll let someone else offer some more tips. Time to start reading the "electronics" threads to sharpen up your knowledge.

jumping at bmx tracks, as long as i don't break the truck, i get 45+ mins on my smc 4500 6s. about 15 mins for constant speed runs

Usually around 35-45 mins general hard bashing on tarmac or gravel on a 4000mAh 6s.
Running on grass about halves that depending on how long the grass is.

With the Turnigy HD 5000mah 6s brick I get 10-20 minutes depending on how and where I drive it.

Usually around 35-45 mins general hard bashing on tarmac or gravel on a 4000mAh 6s.
Running on grass about halves that depending on how long the grass is.
I would have to see that. I have several 5000mah 6s batteries and get about 20 minutes of a mix of hard driving in gravel and some speed run. Don't know how you are getting 45 minutes on a 4000mah with hard bashing.

Completely depends how much you are thrashing it. We have some Zop 4500 50Cs and if we are going for a walk in the woods and taking it easy, they will easily do 30-40 minutes if not more.

If we are doing speed runs on tarmac, then probably 15-20 minutes.

Running HW Max6/1650 20T on both the Talion and the Kraton.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back