How long is the warranty of the arrma blx185 esc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrm209

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
My esc is burnt 7 monts after I bought my kraton. I have submitted a ticket and they say the warranty only cover 6 months. Is this true?

Did you email your ticket or call Horizon H. direct?
Last I read my warranty for my 2019 V4 kraton, it was 2 years for defects. Did you offer the original Invoice? I would read your included warranty. Best to call and leave your number for a call back and get a person. I filled out and emailed a ticket form one time and there was too much confusion. Unless Arrma changed their warranty(doubt that), it is for 2 years. Good luck.

Email ticket via kayako...
I am european maybe european customers are not relevant for arrma like I supossed

I am european maybe european customers are not relevant for arrma like I supossed
Kayato?
Okay so yeah kaylta is in the email of horizon hobby europe but give them a call instead maybe there was a miss information did you mention it was a kraton 6 esc?
If it sqys 2 year warranty on the box then it should have two year warranty

Hmm especially in Europe you should have 1year manufactures warranty on electronic parts but as advised try again - Arrma is British not American - try their support contact details in their website.

2 year warranty is a 2 year warranty, no matter where you live. HH is USA based. Not sure if EU may be the reason. But doesn't justify not honoring a 7 month old Arrma product. Especially the BLX185 ESC, known to have issues here and there. Like mine, when it burned up my Notorious at 6 months. They rebuilt the whole thing paid shipping both ways. 2 week turn around, replaced 90% of the rig. Would have been cheaper for them to just replace with another one. Even the body was melted from the esc fire. I caught it in time and pulled the Lipo fast. Or it would have been a total loss.

Hmm especially in Europe you should have 1year manufactures warranty on electronic parts but as advised try again - Arrma is British not American - try their support contact details in their website.
Horizon Hobby owns and manages Arrma.
HH decides what radio and warranty and sets the pricepoint, etc., they want with these RTR's.
Arrma may be designed Fast and Tough in the UK but Mfr. in Shengzen China.
Horizon makes all the calls. Horizon owns Arrma. In the EU there are different venues for warranty. If you are lucky enough to live in the UK, perhaps, you could even drive to them for parts etc.
Appears to be a 2 year Warranty for all units sold from where I am in the U.S. HH also reserves to the right to modify the terms of the Warranty as stated. I believe that warranty is global.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/manuals/ARB10438.pdf
Why do you feel there is a 1 year warranty in EU??
Kayako is just a Third party warranty service in place for global support. That may be part of OP's problem?:unsure:

Last edited:
Why do you feel there is a 1 year warranty in EU??
Kayako is just a Third party warranty service in place for global support. That may be part of OP's problem?:unsure:
I said in the EU is a mandatory 1 year warranty in most countries unlike in other areas thats what I am referring to and that’s something they cant pull out of - EU law even stipulates a 2 year warranty

but if advertising or labels state 2 years they are bound to it as per EU law

EU law is 1 or 2 years? Which is it?
I understand the EU consumer laws govern warranties. Here in the States also.:)

EU law is 1 or 2 years? Which is it?
I understand the EU consumer laws govern warranties. Here in the States also.:)
In some countries its 2 years - mandatory one year while stipulated by EU law to be 2 - UK law as an example if I can prove the fault existed I got up to 6 years, 5 in Scotland to claim .. EU law needs to be adopted by EU countries but they can alter it to a degree hence I said 2 years was stipulated - its less obvious as it seems sometimes and can get tricky

Im interested aswell. Took my less than 2 month old Typhon 6s to the hobbystore since my blx185 doesn't work anymore. They are now asking arrma what to do.
Old thread... by now.
You should ask Arrma yourself. Your LHS appears to want to help, but that's not working. Remove the LHS layer of the equation and deal with Arrma yourself. Most people do and get results.

Old thread... by now.
You should ask Arrma yourself. Your LHS appears to want to help, but that's not working. Remove the LHS layer of the equation and deal with Arrma yourself. Most people do and get results.
which is not possible outside the US in contrary to the enclosed warranty terms that come with any truck OP needs to go through his LHS as per HH.EUs perception and understanding

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back