Kraton How many batteries are enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have one buggy 3s typhon but two lipos. Plenty for me. Spektrum 3s 5000ma 50c and SMC 5200ma 135c for the track💪

Last edited:
I didn't know people bought batteries based on number of rigs tbh lol. I have 8 rigs that can use 6s and or 8s batteries and I have 3 main graphene batteries that I use. I also have 3 batteries I consider to be peasant batteries that I hardly ever touch unless I want less punch. I have 2 4s batteries that I use with any 1/8th rig that can be run on 8s and I have 2 more 4s batteries that I mainly use on my 1/5th scale.

I've never run back-to-back packs in any of my rigs. If I go to the park, I'll take 2 rigs with 1 pack per rig. Same for the wifey except since we only have 3 graphene batteries, she only gets 1 + 1 peasant battery but thankfully she doesn't care and even prefer the weaker battery at times. :ROFLMAO:

2/3 per car imo. I’ve got 5 cars and 14 batteries. Quite a few of my lipos have high Mah nos so if that’s the case I think you can get away with less

Depends on what your future purchases might drive. With bashers I started with the Arrma 3S line with a Senton and Big Rock. I knew that I wanted to get at least one 6S in the future and the same batteries paired would support that nicely and if one broke the charged batteries would work in whatever was working. that allowed me to purchase many 3S to support both groups. Then I got into more of the 6S line and decided that I really liked the convenience of a single 6S battery. Then got into 8S trucks and now I have like 24 trucks and more than 2 batteries per truck. Sometimes hard to pass up a good sale... Mostly only run 2-3 trucks a bash but always have 5 or so with me for whatever the bash calls for and what is running at the time or has new upgrades to test.

So yes too much is never enough.

Hurricane

Normally I have two per vehicle, except my two Traxxas 4-TECs that share batteries. Another exception is my Kraton 6s, which has two 4s and two 6s batteries. On the Kraton, I started with 4s and bought a couple of 6s after putting in the Castle MMX 8s 1650kv system.

In total, I have around 26 batteries ranging in capacity from 350mAh for my SCT24 Betty to 6000mAh for my bashers, with the majority of the 2s, 3s, 4s, and 6s batteries being in the 5000mAh to 5200mAh range. I didn't realize I had so many batteries until I just counted them for this post. :rolleyes:

Normally I have two per vehicle, except my two Traxxas 4-TECs that share batteries. Another exception is my Kraton 6s, which has two 4s and two 6s batteries. On the Kraton, I started with 4s and bought a couple of 6s after putting in the Castle MMX 8s 1650kv system.

In total, I have around 26 batteries ranging in capacity from 350mAh for my SCT24 Betty to 6000mAh for my bashers, with the majority of the 2s, 3s, 4s, and 6s batteries being in the 5000mAh to 5200mAh range. I didn't realize I had so many batteries until I just counted them for this post. :rolleyes:
Well I am always open to donations:sneaky:

19 Lipos total. I need a cement bunker to store them safely.:LOL: I always go out with 3 lipos minimum if running one rig. Or if I bring many rigs, I have at least one lipo for each.:LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back