How many here vents their tires through the rubber ?

Yonic

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton, Talion, Typhon, Voltage
That's what shocks are for, negating any difference between the 2
What? no, tires have a huge role in the suspension, especially in big tires like the backfilps, which responsible probably for half of the suspension travel.

Dutch213

Jump it, Break it, Fix it
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton, Talion, Typhon, Notorious
If you still have them and they're vented, please unmount one so that you can see just how much dirt, sand and grass clippings are still trapped inside. You'll be surprised at how much you find trapped in there.

never outside vented my first set... just the inside holes... i will def take them off just to see though...

Mr.Duke

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast, Talion, Notorious
What? no, tires have a huge role in the suspension, especially in big tires like the backfilps, which responsible probably for half of the suspension travel.
I'm not denying that, I'm saying there's no measurable difference between bounce between a vented tire and a sealed tire, to which I've shown clearly in the 2 previous videos. The sealed tire would need to be pressurized above atmospheric pressure to have any measurable effect.

BashingBrian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
Just got some new MX28's for my Senton, first time I've vented the tyre through the rubber I did the brass tubing way of venting with my holes 180 degrees apart.
I had a pair of 3.8 Badlands split on the seam from getting water inside..😩
Thought I'd give it a go after reading on here and other places that it would solve the water problem.

Walküre

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Typhon
I vent my tires through the rubber. I use the sharpened 3/16” brass tube in a drill trick. I make 4 holes per tire. Seal up the rim holes n go. I have a set of factory dboots that have lasted more than double the first set. They have no signs of future failure yet. Way less ballooning. When they get wet I just pick up the truck and hit the trigger till they stop spitting water and put it away.

Did this with a set of Lockup’s too. It took about 15 hard 6s runs to separate the bead on one tire.

Peeeenuuutt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
I vent my tires through the rubber as well. My trucks are headed way too high to not do it, they blow apart instantly as soon as something gets inside.