• Absolutely!

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Would consinder it

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72Z15SS

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
  3. Raider
Just curious as to how many Members here would buy an Arrma in kit form, that is if they made them that way?
I know I would, although for ME they're great the way they are!
I see a lot of Members who upgrade these for more speed, better steering servos, etc so I thought I would try this poll.

Just curious as to how many Members here would buy an Arrma in kit form, that is if they made them that way?
I know I would, although for ME they're great the way they are!
I see a lot of Members who upgrade these for more speed, better steering servos, etc so I thought I would try this poll.
I would. I love kits but I've got the feeling though that if they came in kit form they would be too costly. Honestly with my buggy that is the only thing that kept me from getting the Team Durango buggy versus the Typhon. The Typhon was cheaper AND it included the motor, ESC, radio system and servo. The Durango would have been like $700-800 when it was all said and done where I got the Arrma with everything I needed for $300 or $330. LOL I could have gotten two Typhons for the price of the Durango completed kit.

Being a Mechanic I would enjoy it, and doing one in kit form would certainly let you get to know these a lot better than digging into a problem when it arises. Just my thought...

I would. I love kits but I've got the feeling though that if they came in kit form they would be too costly. Honestly with my buggy that is the only thing that kept me from getting the Team Durango buggy versus the Typhon. The Typhon was cheaper AND it included the motor, ESC, radio system and servo. The Durango would have been like $700-800 when it was all said and done where I got the Arrma with everything I needed for $300 or $330. LOL I could have gotten two Typhons for the price of the Durango completed kit.
I understand ya there. I don't understand the price for those though???

Being a Mechanic I would enjoy it, and doing one in kit form would certainly let you get to know these a lot better than digging into a problem when it arises. Just my thought...

I understand ya there. I don't understand the price for those though???
From my understanding the Durango vehicles have carbon fiber and titanium in a bunch of the parts and that's what drives the price up.

Kits would definitely be the way to go. I still remember building my first car, The Hornet, many, many years ago at about age 14. Was driving slowly around the living room and smelled something burning. Dug into it, and learned what a resistor does (and that I didn't ruin the motor - which is what I thought I did). Building is learning. They should include the radio and motor just like the RTR, but just let you build it.

Kits would definitely be the way to go. I still remember building my first car, The Hornet, many, many years ago at about age 14. Was driving slowly around the living room and smelled something burning. Dug into it, and learned what a resistor does (and that I didn't ruin the motor - which is what I thought I did). Building is learning. They should include the radio and motor just like the RTR, but just let you build it.
That's what I think too. Include the motor, esc and radio and have a discounted price and/or have upgraded parts included. My first rc car was an HPI Baja 5B SS. With the SS I got everything but the radio and servo I think and I got a bunch of upgraded parts AND saved like $200. Then I come to 1/8th scale where a rtr is $350 to $550 and a kit is $600 to $800 all said and done. At those prices I'll get the rtr and upgrade as needed.

I prefer kits.

If there's a fun-stopping flaw in an RTR, I'll find it within the first three runs. Every single time.

I don't have that problem with kits. I'll choose better gear and I'll build it more carefully and with more attention to detail than anyone on an assembly line.

I do also have more interesting in kits.
So you can choose what engine, esc, or servo you will have.
Also you´re not fixed to a stock transmitter if you have already 2 good ones
and you can put a bigger rx in it for some playing with other function like lights or so.
A factory car will also nice, i mean include important carbon hop ups or HD-Parts... Like bulletproofing! ;-)

One more reason is, if you building a kit car you will get more understanding what ting is for which function.
So you can upgrade your skills....

just my 2 cents,
lonee

Back