How many minutes out of a lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nonijuice

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Trying to figure out how much time you should get out of a 5000 mah lipo. I have a couple 3s and 2s lipos I use on my arrma granite blx 4x4. I only get any 5 minutes of continuous u usage at a time on each of them. They are tower hobbies lipos. Is this normal or should I get more time out of them?

Run time is based on lots of variables, weight of car, gearing, terrain, driving style.... but 5 mins seems too short.
When you charge the battery does your charger show how many mAh the battery has taken?
Another possibility is the ESC overheating.

5 min for a 5000mah 3s and even 2s is way too short. Even if you're on the throttle 100% you should get more than 5 min. Are the batteries old or are they being charged/discharged properly? Maybe they're on their way out.

13-15 min+. Search for blx 100a esc troubles. There are fixes by changing from lipo mode but lose the low voltage cut off. You may need to contact Horizon on th phone too....especially if the truck is newer than two years with a receipt.
Sorry cant link right now.

Run time is based on lots of variables, weight of car, gearing, terrain, driving style.... but 5 mins seems too short.
When you charge the battery does your charger show how many mAh the battery has taken?
Another possibility is the ESC overheating.
I was wondering if I had esc troubles, but the lipos seem fully discharged when I put them back on the charger to charge up again. I emailed tower hobbies about the problem, and they are telling me that 5 minutes is about the right amount of run time I should be getting out of most lipo batteries. That seems pretty wrong to me, so I came to the forum for answers
I always balance charge and put the batteries into storage mode after Use. One of the 3s batteries are brand new also. I bought one more tower hobbies battery just to see if it was the esc that had issues or if the tower hobby brand lipos were just no good. Tower hobbies wants me to send pics of my receipts and explanations of everything wrong with them, but seriously, 5 minutes is a joke to be normal. I’m surprised they told me that.
I always balance charge and put the batteries into storage mode after Use. One of the 3s batteries are brand new also. I bought one more tower hobbies battery just to see if it was the esc that had issues or if the tower hobby brand lipos were just no good. Tower hobbies wants me to send pics of my receipts and explanations of everything wrong with them, but seriously, 5 minutes is a joke to be normal. I’m surprised they told me that.

Last edited:
I was wondering if I had esc troubles, but the lipos seem fully discharged when I put them back on the charger to charge up again. I emailed tower hobbies about the problem, and they are telling me that 5 minutes is about the right amount of run time I should be getting out of most lipo batteries. That seems pretty wrong to me, so I came to the forum for answers
Remind them that you came to this forum. Link posts if necessary. They'll get it right, I bet ...especially if you have em on the phone.
Remind them that you came to this forum. Link posts if necessary. They'll get it right, I bet ...especially if you have em on the phone.
5min is bs unless its a quadcopter and would be lucky to reach 5min.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back