How many of you have abandoned the Diff Brain?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig72

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
Hey Gang,
I have owned a Diff Brain Nero for about a year and a half, and it seems I am always fussing with the diff servos. I have replaced two, and still seem to have issues from time to time. I don't really utilize them that often, but it is fun to play with. I've been very careful about making sure to engage them gently because of the dependability issue. This past weekend, I was having a terrible time because the rear one would not fully engage or disengage, causing the truck to run like crap with a horrible grinding noise. This week I took apart both the front and rear and adjusted the travel end points so that there was no buzzing at full lock or unlock. That seemed to help. I'm wondering how much of my problem is related to not having them adjusted properly in the first place, or if they just lose adjustment over time. But setting them up is not simple, as I really needed to see the travel of the servo to get good adjustment, which means pulling it all apart. Not horrible (for front and rear at least), but not something I want to do regularly.

So my question is, how many of you have just eliminated the servo/locking mechanism, sealed the diffs, and moved on? Do you miss the on-the-fly adjustment capability? Looking for pros/cons either way.
Thanks!

When I built my Fazon hd I did not install the diff brain and components I had purchased. I ended up selling the parts off.

I still have to go back and reopen the diffs at some point and do the jb-weld screw mod to seal them up for diff oil. It just has not been a priority in the least since it is a shelf queen :D

E6FB2613-346D-441A-9F0D-FDFFEAC112B6.jpeg

That is one clean rig ;)
Mine will never be that clean as we (my son and I) run them pretty hard. I'm just getting a little tired of having to pull the differentials out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back