How many of you...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1969 Thunderbird, 428 Thunderjet engine FE block, suicide doors for back doors and opera lights behind and to the side of your head if you were in the backseat. Shoveled snow all winter, by hand, and mowed lawns in the summer of 1977 to save up 400 bucks to buy it that fall when I got my license at 16 years old... Yup, old like rocks. That was a lot of money then and still is most of the time.

I'm not sure what 400 dollars of 1977 money is in comparison to now is though... almost hate to look.

Lol. $3500 for the engine. Lol. I’ll leave it there. I don’t like to think about it that way.

CFD9F1BF-9B5A-4542-90FA-D7E0AE28260F.jpeg

No clue. My 1st car was a 17th bday gift. Gold 1988 4 door Chevy Cavalier.....stick! :ROFLMAO:

1st car I bought was a t-top Nissan Pulsar! I have no clue what it cost! :ROFLMAO:

My mother's maiden name is Smith
My high school mascot was a frog
I like the number 9491
My routing number us 123459876
😁:ROFLMAO:✌️

How many of you have RC cars that cost more than your first 1/1 scale car? Kind of strange to think about it. I think I paid $350.00 for my first car, a Plymouth Fury III. :ROFLMAO:
My Dad said if I got a certain score on the SAT he would get me a 1/1 car free. I smoked the score so my first car is... free. (compared to my over $1k nero)

How many of you have RC cars that cost more than your first 1/1 scale car? Kind of strange to think about it. I think I paid $350.00 for my first car, a Plymouth Fury III. :ROFLMAO:
Yep. I don't keep a tally but I'm sure I've spent more than my very first 1:1 car was worth. Although if I had of kept my first 1:1 car and fixed it up, it may have been worth something today as the company Holden (GM Australia) no longer exists so those old girls are a collectors wet dream.

Edit: f@ckin autocorrect

Last edited:
1969 Thunderbird, 428 Thunderjet engine FE block, suicide doors for back doors and opera lights behind and to the side of your head if you were in the backseat. Shoveled snow all winter, by hand, and mowed lawns in the summer of 1977 to save up 400 bucks to buy it that fall when I got my license at 16 years old... Yup, old like rocks. That was a lot of money then and still is most of the time.

I'm not sure what 400 dollars of 1977 money is in comparison to now is though... almost hate to look.
$1,955.85
Edit. First car?
Was $0 was grandma old 90 cavalier.
Which I donated to a girl at school that was going to the army.... so no all my rc have cost more.
2nd car.
91 z24 wannabe was 3,500k

1979 accord, 300k on the clock in 1991. Armstrong windows and locks 5 speed. Paid $400, put 20k on it and sold it a year later for $900. Bought a 69 firebird for my 2nd car, the whole body looked like the ocean. Fixed it up, removed the 350 2bbl and dropped in a 400. Thing had more bondo on it than Cher and Dolly combined but it looked good and it moved out. Paid $1400 for that one.

When I raced I had over $1400 in new buggy tires alone🙄😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back