How many of you...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many of you have RC cars that cost more than your first 1/1 scale car? Kind of strange to think about it. I think I paid $350.00 for my first car, a Plymouth Fury III. :ROFLMAO:
Considering that my first car cost me $50 to buy (1984 Chevy Chevette with a bad engine), and around $200 to get running, it all depends on what way you look at it. I have only bought 3 brand new RTR's in 30 years (Losi 22S, Arrma Granite, Tamiya Frog), and each of those were $250 or more. However, i tend to buy used rollers and sliders, and build them how i want, so, if you take what i pay for sliders, plus the parts to make them run, im well over $300 on every used car i have ever owned, so that would make every RC i have ever owned cost more than my first car.
I jumped said Buick off a 3’ retaining wall at the beach onto the frozen lake!! 😂🤣😂🤣 Everyone was fine but looking back I can’t help but wonder how I’m still alive considering all the dumb things like that I did. 😵
I don’t regret any of it either! 🙃
I jumped a beat to death ford ranger over a roughly 7 foot high snow pile, then tried to do the same with a '95 Buick Century, and ended up stuck on top of the snow pile. The car was high enough off the ground that the flatbed didnt even have to tilt the bed to get it off the snow. Thinking back on when i was a teen and in my early 20's, i often wonder how i lived through any of it. The one thing i am thankful for, no pics or videos exist of the dumb stuff i have done in the past, although, i wish i had video of me towing a 60-70 foot fallen tree down the road to my house to be cut up for a bonfire. And, no, no alcohol was involved in anything dumb i ever did, but, peer pressure had a lot to do with it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back