How many of you...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a nasty set of railroad tracks in a friend's cougar for me (him driving) @ about 60, ripped the oil pan off, broke all the motor mounts. Coasted to a stop after about a block and a half. Definitely heard the dukes of hazard theme while in midair!!šŸ˜†šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Duck Dynasty GIF by A&E
JACK!

Yep been there done that, we borrowed (cough) a 1970 Delta 88 4 dr. I drove it across a parking lot doing 40mph and thought I could power slide it, but instead of sliding we went up on 2 wheels for about 10ft, seemed liked a 100 at the time though šŸ¤£ Had to go home and change my pants after that šŸ¤£

Yep been there done that, we borrowed (cough) a 1970 Delta 88 4 dr. I drove it across a parking lot doing 40mph and thought I could power slide it, but instead of sliding we went up on 2 wheels for about 10ft, seemed liked a 100 at the time though šŸ¤£ Had to go home and change my pants after that šŸ¤£
"borrowed" a lot of cars have you? :ROFLMAO:

You are not alone, done some pretty stupid stuff myself, first time I caught air was flying over a bridge in my dad's 3/4 ton Chevy truck, felt like the Dukes of Hazard, man the engine revs when you catch air. :ROFLMAO:
But did it nose up? šŸ¤£
My first 1:1 back in 96ā€™ was a 77ā€™ Buick skylark that I paid $500 for. It got me to school and work so it did the job.. What a complete piece of garbage tho!! Rear shocks had to be cut off after they rusted out and punched thru the trunk. Drove similar to a boat after that. šŸ¤£
So.. yea.. most of my rcā€™s cost more than that rolling dumpster. šŸ˜‰
I'll bet many of your RCs could fit through the holes in that Buicks trunk!šŸ˜œ
It was a nasty set of railroad tracks in a friend's cougar for me (him driving) @ about 60, ripped the oil pan off, broke all the motor mounts. Coasted to a stop after about a block and a half. Definitely heard the dukes of hazard theme while in midair!!šŸ˜†šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Please, tell me it was a mid 70s and up Cougar? šŸ˜³

Last edited:
Had me sweating bullets for a moment there! šŸ˜…
None of my close friends had anything close to "nice" or "desirable" in high school šŸ¤£ although one friend's parents had a rag top 69 gto w/the Hurst (?) 4 speed that we got to cruise in every once in a while. Is that still a thing? Cruising w/ no where particular to go?

None of my close friends had anything close to "nice" or "desirable" in high school šŸ¤£ although one friend's parents had a rag top 69 gto w/the Hurst (?) 4 speed that we got to cruise in every once in a while. Is that still a thing? Cruising w/ no where particular to go?
Yep!

I've always wanted to try that, just not in my own car! :ROFLMAO:

Here in Minnesota we had another thing we did called "Snurffing" When they plowed the roads in the winter it creates snow piles along the sides and we would get the car half on the pile and half on the road and you would be kinda of like you were driving on 2 wheels. Good times šŸ¤£ Or speed across a freshly plowed lot through the huge pile of fresh plowed snow.

How many of you have RC cars that cost more than your first 1/1 scale car? Kind of strange to think about it. I think I paid $350.00 for my first car, a Plymouth Fury III. :ROFLMAO:
First car was a $300 Plymouth Colt. Literally made the last payment for a lady and walked away with the title. Iā€™ll never understand her choice to sell when she could have just owned the car.

Pretty much every RC car in the stable cost more!

How many of you have RC cars that cost more than your first 1/1 scale car? Kind of strange to think about it. I think I paid $350.00 for my first car, a Plymouth Fury III. :ROFLMAO:
All I know is that I paid less $$ for some scale 1:1 shocks than some of my RC shocks. Something wrong with this picture for sure.:giggle:

First car was a $300 Plymouth Colt. Literally made the last payment for a lady and walked away with the title. Iā€™ll never understand her choice to sell when she could have just owned the car.

Pretty much every RC car in the stable cost more!
Ok you're not right! :devilish: jk:ROFLMAO: but for real

nananananana-ME.jpg

My first car was a 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera 4-door. Its ability to get from A to B somewhat reliably was probably its only saving grace.
When I lived in Texas I worked part time as a valet for a few years and got to drive some nice cars (amongst a fleet of beaters, but aside from supercars I've probably driven pretty much every car under the sun). One of my favorites was a new-ish Rousch Mustang with a short throw 5-speed Hurst manual...God, that thing was a dream to shift. All five gears inside the confines of a matchbox. šŸ¤¤

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back