Outcast How many slipper plates in the 4s steel slipper set? 3 or 4?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRC

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I'm doing some maintenance on the 4s steel slipper plate. I purchased it a few months ago for my 3s Granite fully assembled. It only has 3 slipper plates in total. The 4s Kraton and Outcast interactive exploded views show 4 slipper plates. https://www.arrma-rc.com/interactive-exploded-view/ARA102690

I think 3 slipper plates is correct, it doesn't look like a 4th slipper plate would fit right. However, I have this interactive exploded view telling me there should be 4. Am I missing a slipper plate?

4 and it goes on the front of the spur its used as a spacer for the metal spur because its less thick than the 3s plastic spur if you nticed

So one in front and one in back of this part? This is the first time I'm opening up this slipper set. Mine came with nothing in between this and the spur gear.
IMG_0352.jpg

Wait what nothing between that slipper pad?
Yep, between this and the spur gear there was no slipper pad. There was one slipper pad between this and the outside of the slipper set (and two stacked on the other side). I did not use the steel slipper set very long. I went back to stock plastic after getting it because I found the steel one too noisy, the pinion was showing wear, and there was no performance change. But my plastic spur gear just got stripped, so I decided to try the steel one again. Opened it up to find only 3 slipper pads.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back