Kraton How many Spare diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishtank

work the hardest when no one is watching
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
How many spare diffs do you keep ready to go just incase!! Do you try different fluid weights to see the difference?
0982E44E-4BCD-49D0-8570-5307B5121BCF.jpeg

I usually have 2 or 3 on the side ready for a quick swap when they fail. I imagine, the more the merrier.:giggle: Owning Arrma 6s rigs, you can become a slave to diff failures/replacements. My Tekno MT410 for instance, is still on all it's original diffs by comparison. It is well used and older than all my 6s Arrma rigs.
Ideally a front with 60k, a center with 500k and a rear with 30k. Those are my comfortable oil weights, after much trial and error, I like for most of my Off Road rigs. (Standard Open 6s diff's)

Last edited:
Haven't experiment with diff flued yet but have a spare diff for my typhon 6s and I have two limitless for when things go wrong. I dislike waiting for parts.

Yeah I hate planning a weekend only to find I am without a diff early on waiting 2 weeks before I can run again.
But I have many rigs here to keep me going. I get my diffs complete from JennysRC. I try to make a motherload order as it is less money for shipping this way.
Then at my leisure I rebuild them with my own proper fluids for back up diffs.
My on road diffs last way longer. And I use lighter weight oil. If anything I may change out a spool for a center diff here and there. 200-300k oil at center for On road rigs. My Lim and Infr. I only speed run them. Around 100mph. I am a light weight on roader. Not much space to run them any faster where I live. Usually just on a 1/4 mile Velodrome banked Oval. So my oil weights need to be lighter/ thinner. Even on the Velo. I can only reach the high 70's mph. Any faster, I will eat the walls in the banks. Carnage.....

Last edited:
I have messed with diff fluid weights but don't have spare diffs I don't hardly have any issues with em and if I do its a pin or planetary gear

I love spare parts.. This is making me 🤤
diff maintenance to me is the #1 maintenance item period 2nd bearings. . I rarely have diff problems (usually from a bad landing off a big jump) I like working on my rigs almost as much as I like driving them so 60%drive 40%work on!😅😂😅😂 it’s relaxing to me I get the same relaxation from that as I do working on my Dart frog 🐸 enclosures.
90D4DBFE-3333-4893-A4D8-EDC41C267710.png
4841F5D7-5EBE-4886-8F6E-B93A6A5048DB.jpeg
39915913-E149-4B1F-8F91-5AD431C96CD4.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back