Kraton How many spare screws do you have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wakko

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Vorteks
  3. Voltage
I lost a few screws when I smacked up my Kraton and am placing a Jenny's order for most of the required repair parts. They sell all of the fasteners from the trucks for $23. Clearly I don't need them all, but is it good to have that many spares, or just replace what's needed? I'd hate to be midrebuild and realize I'm missing a screw.

I lost a few screws when I smacked up my Kraton and am placing a Jenny's order for most of the required repair parts. They sell all of the fasteners from the trucks for $23. Clearly I don't need them all, but is it good to have that many spares, or just replace what's needed? I'd hate to be midrebuild and realize I'm missing a screw.
They come with shock mounts and other little things plus the cross wrench. definitely not a bad idea to have a couple of those hardware sets.

Bought a complete JRC and 3kits off Amazon. Around 1000

I have thousands of spare screws. I have bought plenty of the 12.9 kits on Amazon. I’ve bought individual common sizes by the 100. Plus I’ve bought 10 or so hardware bags from JRC just to get the hard to find pieces.

50 each of every screw that is used on a 3s or 6s. Can get more the same day if needed. Also have a few random amounts of other screws I've found I needed to change the way some things mount. Once I get down to 10 of anything I go get another 50 or more.

I have thousands of spare screws. I have bought plenty of the 12.9 kits on Amazon. I’ve bought individual common sizes by the 100. Plus I’ve bought 10 or so hardware bags from JRC just to get the hard to find pieces.
⬆️ yes…I do this. Totally way too many to ever need and just enough when needed. 12.9 caps are my faves for long screws.

I got about 3k extras, many of which are M2 or M5 unfortunately, but the Amazon kits are a good deal and most importantly they come in organizers. I was going to get JRC kit, but I'd lose my mind measuring and sorting all the screws into containers

Did somebody say spare screws? Here's (most of) M2 through M4. But I'm also a cyclist, woodworker, and have been making auto parts for 20 years soooooo... this is maybe 5% of my fastener hoard.
M6TU021.jpg

Wow, those are impressive. I do have the requisite spare fastener drawer organizer, but it's all random. That tray is a good idea for dedicated RC hardware.

Belmetric.com is a good place to go if you want to build up a stock of hardware. I've ordered lots of hardware from those guys for real cars, rc cars, etc...

Belmetric.com is a good place to go if you want to build up a stock of hardware. I've ordered lots of hardware from those guys for real crazy rc cars, etc...
Wow that's a great source. .16 a screw is alllllllright.

Anyone have an amazon link to which set they are buying? I know the quality can vary & don't want to end up with a garbage set.

Spare screws?
20210710_162316.jpg

Monster Bolts and Rusty's Bolt shop on eBay have a nice variety of 12.9 grade screws.

Cap head screw vs Button head screw... In my R/C adventures that started last year, I've noticed that the Arrma vehicles seem to use both in various places, is there any specific reason for this? Does it really matter which is used? A button head screw generally has a smaller profile than a cap head, so maybe use it in places that need the little extra clearance, but beyond that I'm not certain why you would use one over the other. Could someone enlighten me?

(I'm also trying to build up a collection of screws)

Cap head screw vs Button head screw... In my R/C adventures that started last year, I've noticed that the Arrma vehicles seem to use both in various places, is there any specific reason for this? Does it really matter which is used? A button head screw generally has a smaller profile than a cap head, so maybe use it in places that need the little extra clearance, but beyond that I'm not certain why you would use one over the other. Could someone enlighten me?

(I'm also trying to build up a collection of screws)

I always replace as many of the button head screws as I can with cap heads. I find they are less likely to strip out as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back