How much do you have to spend to "pay off" an RC Club Elite membership at Horizon Hobby?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickRussell_CA

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Outcast 4s
I was curious about this, as I'm just starting to order tools & stuff for my (soon to be coming - ordered direct from ARRMA/HH) Outcast 4S.

I did a quick Goal Seek in Excel to see how much you'd need to spend to pay off your $129.99 enrollment fee, and the answer is $8899 per year. Of course, you also get some perqs with that, like expedited shipping and free tech support.

1657818369677.png

Here's a Google Sheet you can play with, if you want to look at different spend scenarios. Note this is live, so if somebody changes it, the changes will stay, so be kind:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oamZAWe_d_feWCbMFvrY8xPL1whcdXAiLv5IF72-Azk/edit?usp=sharing

Here is Excel you can download for your own use:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ouid=105478562116481995423&rtpof=true&sd=true

For myself, I think I'll wait on joining the Elite club until I either really need the expedited delivery, or I'm ready to spend a significant % of my annual gross on this hobby :)

I'm part of the rc club legend, with the fedex shipping. And being 4hrs from the hub in Illinois. Most orders are next day... so I couldn't justify it. It's a neat perk. But I don't need to spend 8k or 9k a year for a couple bucks off.

Screenshot_20220714-121700_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220714-121705_Chrome.jpg

In my opinion Tower Hobbies is the much better sister company to get a super saver membership with. Plus they are doing 15% off any non sale items until 7/20 with a premium membership which only costs $9.99 a year.

This. Horizon Hobby doesn't offer any discount codes, and while none of their products allow Tower Hobbies codes, at least Castle and Tekno qualify for those coupons which is an added bonus and I see quadruple points events at Tower fairly often.

I don't understand. $1500 a year??
Is someone at Horizon Hobby smoking Crack? Or is it me?
It doesn't cost $1500/yr, you automagically qualify for it if you spend $1500/yr.

Oh my bad. But I already spent over $3000. Much of it was on Amazon, fulfilled by HH. I get Nothing!

:confused::rolleyes::poop:
I have a 5% cash back card for all Amazon purchases, so unless I really, really need expedited shipping, I'll probably never buy Elite status.

In my opinion Tower Hobbies is the much better sister company to get a super saver membership with. Plus they are doing 15% off any non sale items until 7/20 with a premium membership which only costs $9.99 a year.
I used to order tons from Tower back in the day, before the sellout to HH. Does Tower have 1:1 selection with Horizon, or do they carry a restricted inventory?

I used to order tons from Tower back in the day, before the sellout to HH. Does Tower have 1:1 selection with Horizon, or do they carry a restricted inventory?
I actually think that Tower carries a few things that HH doesn’t still iirc. I still remember about 10 years ago before they merged when tower had HPI, Thunder Tiger, Traxxas and some other brands I’m sure I’m missing. I had spent over $12k with them at one point but when HH bought them out all of my purchases history went away. Thunder Tiger had some bad a$$ trucks back in the day. I think they still do but no one in the states sells them, I loved my EMTA and should have never sold it.

This. Horizon Hobby doesn't offer any discount codes, and while none of their products allow Tower Hobbies codes, at least Castle and Tekno qualify for those coupons which is an added bonus and I see quadruple points events at Tower fairly often.
That 15% off is working on Horizon Hobbies products on tower hobbies. Check it out!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back