Kraton How much does a diff rebuild cost?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
My friend has a v2 kraton and he just keep having diff issues and he just told me he spend 120 cadandien $ to rebuild is diff... when i saw him the whole diff from jennyrc for 50$ he was shocked. Any suggestions to make is car bulletprof and i showed him the new kraton bpdy for 40$ and i think he wants one now
Does a rebuild kit does really cost 40usd?

My friend has a v2 kraton and he just keep having diff issues and he just told me he spend 120 cadandien $ to rebuild is diff... when i saw him the whole diff from jennyrc for 50$ he was shocked. Any suggestions to make is car bulletprof and i showed him the new kraton bpdy for 40$ and i think he wants one now
Does a rebuild kit does really cost 40usd?
In Canadian dollars, that sounds about right if you include the cup and a new gear box plus fluid. Jenny's is a better deal, but you have to be patient and wait for delivery. Even when you receive a dif from Jennys, you still have to take it apart, shim if necessary and add new fluid. Lately I've been stocking up on parts from the lhs because they were having some pretty spectacular sales. But since I've almost blown through those parts, an order from Jennys is now on way. I used to think you could bullet proof a dif, but it all comes down to how you drive, and what combo of motor, pinion, spur, punch and dif fluid weight you use. With this many variables, not sure you can really have a formula that works to be make them bulletproof.

Hes running a pretty high pinion and the electrics are stock
In Canadian dollars, that sounds about right if you include the cup and a new gear box plus fluid. Jenny's is a better deal, but you have to be patient and wait for delivery. Even when you receive a dif from Jennys, you still have to take it apart, shim if necessary and add new fluid. Lately I've been stocking up on parts from the lhs because they were having some pretty spectacular sales. But since I've almost blown through those parts, an order from Jennys is now on way. I used to think you could bullet proof a dif, but it all comes down to how you drive, and what combo of motor, pinion, spur, punch and dif fluid weight you use. With this many variables, not sure you can really have a formula that works to be make them bulletproof.

Hes running a pretty high pinion and the electrics are stock
Ever since I bumped up from the stock base pinion, it seems like the difs have been harder to keep in one piece. My electronics are stock as well, but my punch was up to 8 until recently. I'm backing down the punch but holding on to the 16t pinion for now. We'll see how that goes.

Ever since I bumped up from the stock base pinion, it seems like the difs have been harder to keep in one piece. My electronics are stock as well, but my punch was up to 8 until recently. I'm backing down the punch but holding on to the 16t pinion for now. We'll see how that goes.
I have mine down to 5 and a 13T on my outcast with trencher 3.8's that are wrapped. The center and rear arrma metal cups finally made it through a bash!

I have mine down to 5 and a 13T on my outcast with trencher 3.8's that are wrapped. The center and rear arrma metal cups finally made it through a bash!
I killed it at massive bmx track yesterday. Two full packs and not one issue with the difs. I had rebuilt the front (plastic cup) earlier in the week, and the rear is still holding up from when I put everything in the metal cup. Left the 1M in too, but dropped the punch to 4 with the 16t. Was about the best 2 hours of rc time I've had so far except for some light rain. Thanks to @Lorenzo_arrma_army and @WTF MIKE for the invite. Video coming soon, just trying to find the right background music since the cutting of the video makes for some choppy audio.

I ran through one set of packs at my bmx track, then decided it was time to leave as I was getting pretty stupid. I had already run a set through my ERBEv2 before that. Probably should have stayed as when I got there and ran, the grass was very wet/slick with dew (entire track is grass), which really saps away some speed and promotes sliding when I crash. So in hind sight... probably is best that I left as both trucks were 100% still. Once I gained traction and stopped loosing speed to the water... may have quickly become a different story. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back